• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

November 13/14th

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
is the next full saltfree weekend.

Please let me know if you would like to come, and you approx depth

thanks

Sam

List so far is

Sam
Donna
Alex
Bryn
Theo
David T

any more for any more?

Everything crossed new Elios suit and gara fins will be in my hands by then...

see you around the 25m mark.
David T

nice one Dave -

saltfree....keeping elios in business!

Hmm, I ordered and paid for a new suit from elios last Wednesday and heard nothing back from them yet! And they've got my holey trousers to repair!

Donna

names on the list so far are:

Sam
Donna
David T
Alex
Bryn
Theo

any more for any more? please can you let me know asap

thanks

Sam

is anyone going up on the friday eve ie. 12th november. and is anyone as mad as me and considering camping?
alex:D

You're mad!!!!

On the subject of camping, does anyone want mine and Martin's camping equipment? I know DK did, but he's clearing off to somewhere warm too. Let me know and I'll bring it with us.

Tent x 2 (5 man and a 3 man), gas camping cooker, kettle (I think!), lots of bits and pieces.

Donna

Hi Donna

I would but a need a bigger flat first - there is no more room under my bed for saltfree gear...

sorry!!

Sam

Hi - these are the names and depths I have for this weekend. If you didn't tell me a depth I guessed, if this is wrong please tell me as soon as poss.

Dave Morgan - 50m
Theo - 33m
Alex - 33m
Donna - 30m
Bryn - 30m
David T - 20m
Bryn - 25m

Sat am and Sunday am dives will be covered to these depths by the Angels. Sat pm dive will be max 25m, and used for technique practice and experimentation.

Still got some space if anyone else would like to come along but tell me soon

thanks
Sam

hey sam
when do you need to know for sure if i am coming? i know i said i would and i desperately want to, but i have nasty chest infection which is not showing any overt signs of getting better. there is still hope - it may clear up during the week. will let you know how i am fairing.sorry!...my tail and i are dying to get underwater...
alex

no worries Alex, just let me know when you can

get well soon!

I have a new Dolphin fin, like yours but with a hard blade and I can't wait to try it deep

Sam

sam think it would be unwise to come this weekend. lungs are crap officially have bronchitis (according to gp anyway) so perhaps lungs would find themselves even crapper at -30 plus metres in very cold quarry. yes?

sorry about that. and bryn sorry you will have to find another lunatic to camp!!
to the next one...bimey i havent dived for ages how shit is that...
well the christmas meet then.
alex

Alex, come and see us in Cyprus and dive somewhere warm and blue!

Get well soon

Donna :)

TOP day out with saltFree!

well today was TOP!!

Theo and Donna both got PBs and I did a good deep dive for me so very happy too!

Sun was out, bright and clear all day and yes it was cold but the quarry looked stunning and the viz was about 12m. We stayed in the water about 2 hours in all and did lots of training dives after our main deep attempts.

Results of the speed trial for a 20m sprint....

Theo "oh I can't read my computer" - unknown
David T "didn't have fins on so can't really compete" - unknown
Dave the Hardest - 25 seconds
Sam the Speediest (usually) - 25 seconds
Donna Gonzales Ryan - an incredible 24 seconds.. in bi fins with a dodgy leg!!

Thanks to the Angels - we had one each and seeing them down there always makes it easier - Martin, Mark Dean, Bex, Ben and Brad.... total stars as ever - glad we all made it down to you!

late lunch in the pub by the river was not so bad either...

wow.. more fun tomorrow, November Uk freediving rocks!

Sam xx

Wholeheartedly agree - the weekend was fab! Thanks to you all for making my last one (for a while anyway!) one to remember.

I slept like a log last night, content in the knowledge that at last I have dived the magical 30 as clean as a whistle! And I hold the speedy record, well for now anyway! I'll be training hard in Cyprus to retain that title....

See you all soon....make sure you visit us in Cyprus!

Donna x :wave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT