• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

November 3, 2007 - Green Lake Carp Fest

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

So, are ya going to be there?

• Total voters
Only two - Oh well. I was hoping to have someone tag along with me & just keep handing me a loaded speargun! I got to catch up to Scott in the contest! rofl

Oh well, I guess I'll have to do it the old fashon way...like bending his spear or cutting his line...Oh wait, he has too many...I bet Scott would just keep pulling out another "spare".:)

We'll see you Saturday Scott. You can only go in water that is 50' or deeper, I'll take the rest!

Gene

Tomorrow looks like Great weather! Sunny, clam breeze. Carp Blood will spill! :martial Don't worry Gene, I'll take a few breaks from spearing and shoot some video. Maybe between the Stringers I empty :t I'll probably stop at 20 carp. We'll See.

Oh! I heard there could be Punch and Pie! rofl

It's going to be a Great Day to Go spearing. ILDiver CALL IN SICK! :yack

I had a post from lake-link, a guy said the water was crystal clear two days ago. He aslo said that he saw schools of carp in 20' of water...smaller ones on top, & larger ones down deeper. He did not say exactly where he was :vangry

I hope the wind today didn't screw things up. I think we should try the western bay & then possibly Norwegian bay. There is also a hump that goes from 40 to 20' with some fish cribs at about 25'...might be cool to check out.

Norwegian bay has some quick drop offs (down to 150')...not that we would go that deep, but it might allow the water to be a bit clearer.

I can't wait. I'm to my dads in the AM to take his pier out (7-9), then on to Green Lake. Will meet you by the boat launch off K @ 10 AM. I'm bringing a couple of garbage cans we can put in your boat...after I fill them both up, I guess you will just have to put yours on the floor rofl. See ya tomorrow...wish there were more coming, but Oh Well.

Gene

I have to go into work early on Sunday :head, But Tass and I are thinking about checking out the OUTLET on Thursday if anyone else is interested. If the Outlet isn't on - then we'll swing over to Lake Mendota.

It was a chilly day, 2 brave souls arrived to Destroy the CARP of Green Lake. Not sure of the water Temp - but if I had to guess I'd say COLD! Viz wasn't too bad - 20' looking away from the sun and 10' looking towards the sun. LOTS of carp around. We ended up going to Norwegian Bay- Where we found LOTS of fish, LOTS of Pike, and millions of little panfish. Found this school of 1000 - PERCH! it was really cool! Anyways, heres some pics. I ended up shooting 14 fish - 2 got off the stringer- so my count is 12. 11 carp and 1 sucker.

Attachments

• PIC_0050.jpg
    PIC_0050.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 171
  • PIC_0052.jpg
    PIC_0052.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 168
  • PIC_0053.jpg
    PIC_0053.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 173
  • PIC_0054.jpg
    PIC_0054.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 176
  • PIC_0056.jpg
    PIC_0056.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I don't know about Punch, but there was Pie! and vitamin Water.

Attachments

• PIC_0064.jpg
    PIC_0064.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 166
  • PIC_0063.jpg
    PIC_0063.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 175
  • PIC_0060.jpg
    PIC_0060.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 184
  • PIC_0059.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 181
  • PIC_0058.jpg
    PIC_0058.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 183
Well, Scott sure out did me...I ended up missing 6 with none on the stringer :head

Oh well, it sure was fun. I swam through a school (cloud) of fry that had to number in the millions...crazy.

Big bass, northern, perch & carp...was cool.

I just got back from a 2 day stay in the hospital...after gettin home, started to have chest pains...seems that some new antibiotic I was on did not want you to be physically active...would have been nice to know!

Oh well, all is good. no damage done. Scott, great shooting. Good to be with you again.

Gene

Here's the video. ******WARNING****** Extreme ROCK Music is played to this video! You may find yourself tapping your foot or nodding your head. Watch/Listen at your own Risk!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ijYbDVrGk]YouTube - Carp Fest Green Lake Spearfishing[/ame]

Reactions: bgill
Whoaaaaa! AND TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME!!!!! Nice vid Scott...As always! :) I really like the "hole in the head" carp!
You murderer!!!:martialThats so cool!

Last edited:
Nice Vid, Wish I was there :( Next time. I've got a local lake to shoot carp in! The vis is not the best though, maybe 4'. After it ices and then melts it might be better. There is no wind break. The lady was told that it's because it's over run with carp that it is so murky. If I could find a place to get some clams and get some of the carp out to clear up the water I'd be happy. Then go back in and take more. DNR esimate over 1000 carp in this pond. It's 300 yards long 30 yards wide and 30' deep. Spring fed. I got permission for me and one other. Plus her son dives (scuba) and would spear if I had a spare gun.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT