• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Novice spearo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

steve game

Sep 17, 2007
Hello everyone,
My name is steve and I am a keen Cornish Spearo. Been spearfishing for about a year now but feel I still have a lot to learn. I have just registered after reading forums for the past week or more, so maybe through discussions with fellow spearmen I could pick up a few tips.

Regards

Steve

Hi steve i also have been spearfishing for about a year im from sussex but first had a taste for the sport off the rocks in porth . I try to get to Cornwall every year the sea is clearer your end. Do u have any favourite spots that u would want to share, i have been sticking to porth beach but would like to try some other areas?
Regards Stuart

Hi Stuart (Huntfish) I haven't been on the north coast only on the south. So the places I have been are Caerhays,Pentewan,Pendower and mostly lately I have been to Trenarren (between Black Head and Pentewan).I'm still trying to get to other places to try but If or when your down this way maybe we could meet up and go out together.
Regards

Steve.

Hi Steve, thanks for the info iv never been to the south coast of cornwall before but ill definitly try out some of your spots. I will hopefully come down next june or july so ill send u a post arrange to hook up for a dive. Whats the visability like your way?

Hi Huntfish,went up to Talland Bay today, but cause there is an easterly blowing didn't venture in the water, so had a cream tea instead and went rockpooling with my two kids, haven't been in the water since last saturday so I don't know what vis is like and now feeling depressed.
Regards
Steve

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…