• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NSW & Sydney area info please

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Golfinho

NoFundo DoMar TemDinhiero
Aug 31, 2004
Hi,

Can anyone tell me water temps between Sydney and Byron Bay area around April time. Any local freedivers in NSW or Queensland wanna get in touch and maybe do some diving in the coming months, please p.m. me, also are there any shops in Oz that sell freediving gear at all?

Thanks, be good to hear from anyone in the region.

Thanks Golfinho...

Well, at the moment we have 22-24 degrees, depending on the prevailing winds.

In April you may get 22-26 At Byron, and 20-23 in Sydney, all depends on the winds...

There are heaps of shops that sell fins, masks and wetsuits. Almost any coastal town will have one.

For monofins you may need to order online.

I live an hour south of Sydney btw.

Cheers mate,

Not travelling with my 5mm wetsuit just a shorty 3mm, but i'll make a plan...
Might look you up when i get to Sydney.

See you in the deep blue.

golfinho

Paolo, you lucky dolphin! :D You don't need a 5 mil at those temps. I start using my 3 mm after 16 degrees. It's still around 12-13 here, but it's warming up.

Feel free to swing by.

I have Sat, Sun, Mon all day free.
Tue, Wed and Thur I can only dive after 1pm.
Fri Im at uni ALL day!

I'll PM ya my phone number and email! :)

Cheers mate,

Look forward, i'll give you a call on arrival.
Do you also bodysurf?

Golfinho

Hey golfinho im from Sydney also on the Northern beaches give us a buzz when your in town and we could organize a boat dive.

cheers Nathan Watts

Reactions: DeepThought
Very excellent!!! Looking forward to meeting you guys, be there in a week or two, check your p.m. mate.

Cheers Golfinho!!

Hiya!

Check out Extreme Spearfishing in Sydney, do a google search to locate their web site, you should be able to hook up with a few guys on there.
If you end up in Southern-Central Queensland, drop me a line.

Cheers

Cheers Hunter,

P.M. me details of your location as I might be heading up that way shortly.

Thanks for contacts in Sydney. You guys are a friendly bunch.

See you in the hopefully not so cold waters.

Ciao! Golfinho

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT