• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

o.me.r bat fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

unirdna

tropical wuss
Sep 16, 2002
O.k., I know these are brand new, and I haven't found them for sale anywhere yet :confused:...but I still thought I'd see if anyone on DB has any info to add to omer's website. There is always someone who knows a guy - who knows a guy - who's dating this girl - who has a cousin that fills the vending machines in the o.me.r factory breakroom....

So anyone have anything to add???

Here's what I'd like to know:

Are they for sale yet? Where? When? How much?
How do they stack up to carbon or Waterway bifins?

Anyone?? :wave

Ted

http://www.omersub.com/catalog/fins/index.htm

Last edited:
does anyone have any experience with fiberglass bifins compared to carbon fins?

those omer bat's look nice.

or is carbon unbeatable (efficiency wise)?

roland

I'm looking at the drawings and it looks very similar to the waterway fiberblades. There are areas on the waterway blades where it is tapered giving the fin more flex. It seems like OMER has adopted this idea and integrated it into the BAT fin. If I'm not mistaken these are made of kevlar also. These suckers look like really good stuff and I can't wait to hear how they work.

Brad

They look exactly like my Omer with carbon blades. I just don't know if Omer makes carbon blades? There is no brand on the blades.

By the way when someone has tried the Gara 3000 could they please post a report?

Originally posted by Seal
They look exactly like my Omer with carbon blades. I just don't know if Omer makes carbon blades? There is no brand on the blades.

By the way when someone has tried the Gara 3000 could they please post a report?

Man i just bought gara 3000. But i can't makeany rewiev coz they are my first long blade fins and i don't know how to use them effectively yet. If you guys advice me some tips to how to use it, i can tell you if its works or not.

hi

Murat dont worry Im still trying to work out how to use my Omer millenium comps properly. It seems every dive im changing technique :duh

cheers

Bat Fins

In this month's Pesca in Apnea there is a very nice article about these fins.

It tells the story of the development of the fins. Basically Omer held a comparison test with 3 members of their spearo team (Alberto March, Marco Bardi, and Fabio Antoniti) and 12 of the top fins found on the market (divided into 4 material groups).

Over 3 days of deep dive tests they concluded that the material was the biggest factor, followed by the shape and surface area, and then all the other details such as the presence of the T strips on the edges of the blade.

The winning material was fiberglass and the Batfins were made from the best charactersitics of all the fins.

The 3 team members then tested the Bat fins over 2 years, and each found the need for slightly different stiffness (hence the 20, 30 and 40 versions).

The prototypes were then tested over 2 more years by other members of the team, and no faults were found (infact the blades are guaranteed for 2 years...)

Finally there are some details about the colouring process.

The price here in Italy is pretty high (217 Euro) compared to carbon blades (remember C4s are under 200), but all in all they could be worth the money.

Al

Reactions: unirdna and kirehe
hi al

can you maybe post a link of the shop where one could order the bat fins? and also the c4's?

very much appreciated.

roland

:cool:

:confused:

Well, these fins must be available now. Strange that I can find them on eBay, yet I can not find them at an online store yet.

[ame]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3617002146&category=16054[/ame]

That's bizarre - I was talking with Mark Labocetta at OMER USA and he hasn't even gotten them in yet ...

Are the bat fins using the same foot pocket as the other OMERs? Also, is it difficult to change the blades on the interchangable ones?

Lee

Ted,
Looks like you figured it out. I received an e-mail from a person at Omer and they are completely flat.

My sebak stereo pros were suppose to arrive this week, but since its Friday, it will probably be next. Scott T just left for the nationals with his. He said they felt a little soft, which scares me because I am 25lbs heaver than him.

Pricewise, the Omer don't seem to be any less than the Sebaks.
don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT