• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Oceaner Liz

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Oceaner Liz

Nov 20, 2012
Hello from Vancouver Canada. Just wanted to keep you all up to date on the new types of freediving and spearfishing suits we are creating at Oceaner Sporting Goods. We have been manufacturing neoprene custom and stock products since 1983. Freediving suits since 2004.
Our latest designs released at DEMA 2012 are the PRO39 and CO45 which come in a variety of camouflage patterens and colours to help the diver blend into the natural underwater surroundings. The jacket and pants can be ordered as a custom fit or stock size.
Both are made from Yamamoto premium neoprene rubber and come in 3mm and 6mm thicknesses. There are also differences in the stretch of these two neoprene products. The CO45 has more elasticity than the PRO39 giving the wearer increased flexibility and warmth. Both are made in Canada and are backed with a lifetime workmanship warranty. Suits can be delivered within three weeks of order placing.

Last edited:
You have one happy customer here Liz and I've seen some very good instructors wearing your suits. Good product eh....

Liz,

Can you tell us more about the suits please ?

How do the pro39 and co45 compare to the rec45 and comp45 ? I'm assuming that the 39 uses yamamoto39 and the 45 yamamoto45 ? Are they smoothskin ? Nylon exterior ? etc.

Thanks !

Hi Liz - I see on the website that you have 'coming soon' for the tropical and swim skin sections - can you PM me more details on this or let me know if 'coming soon' means that the product is still in development.

And lastly, can you do custom prints for sponsors and that sort of thing?

Thanks!

You are right that the PRO39 uses Yamamoto 39 and the CO45 uses Yamamoto 45. The CO45 is similar to the REC 45 in that both use Yamamoto 45 and both have heavy duty Lycra coatings. However, the CO45 has a camouflage patterned finish where as the REC45 has a black finish.

CO45 - Crossover Spearfish and Freediving Suit - made with Yamamoto 45 material which is soft, resilient and stretchy of highest quality providing strength and flexibility for repeated dives to deepest depths without permanent compression.

PRO39 - Ultimate spearfishing suit- constructed with Yamamoto #39 which is super light providing strength and flexibility for repeated dives to moderate depth without sustaining permanent compression.

Both the PRO39 and CO45 have:
-Lycra outer - split cell skin inner
-Loading pad, kneepads, attached hood
-Raglan sleeve design and underarm gusset. A design feature for superior comfort and flexibility
-Jacket bottom /Beaver Tail -The hip length suit jacket is secured back to front with a Velcro clasped "Beaver Tail". This high use, high stress "tail" is constructed with a uniquely developed material to add strength and tear resistance where it is needed most. Water is almost completely restricted from entering at the bottom of the jacket.
-Attached hood to keep head warm and restrict water from entering jacket
-Rubber seals ring face, wrists, and ankles to limit water flow.
-Available in three Lycra colour camouflage patterns: green, grey and wine. In 3mm or 6mm.

The COMP45 uses Yamamoto 45 but has an "SCS (Super Composite Skin) Metal on the outside which is a very unique neoprene material with a special coating of Titanium Alloy applied over the surface of the closed cell neoprene rubber with a further special low friction surface processing applied over it. Among its many features SCS Metal's super low friction resistance "Zero Drag" in water, improves swimming and diving speeds. It also does not absorb water and maintains the light weight of a suit" (as quoted from the Yamamoto spec sheet).

That's all for today. I have to go back to Production to work on suits.

You have one happy customer here Liz and I've seen some very good instructors wearing your suits. Good product eh....

Thanks. We have a lot of instructors who also help their students place orders with us. It's important to get properly sized and instructors can give some really good advice.

Hi Liz - I see on the website that you have 'coming soon' for the tropical and swim skin sections - can you PM me more details on this or let me know if 'coming soon' means that the product is still in development.

And lastly, can you do custom prints for sponsors and that sort of thing?

Thanks!

Hello gwpcasey,
Thanks for your interest in our suits. The tropical and swim skin products are available and I have attached some info about the tropical. (I hope I attach it properly). We don't have a product profile sheet about the swim skin. It is a 1.5 flat lock and is available as a special order at the moment. Sorry we haven't got these details up on our website yet.
And lastly, we can imprint sponsor logos on a suit at an additional cost (is that what you mean?).
I hope this info helps and the attachment shows up. Let me know if it doesn't.

All the Best,

Oceaner Liz

Attachments

• Tropical 45 - Info sheet.pdf
    50.1 KB · Views: 178
Liz,

Can you tell us more about the suits please ?

How do the pro39 and co45 compare to the rec45 and comp45 ? I'm assuming that the 39 uses yamamoto39 and the 45 yamamoto45 ? Are they smoothskin ? Nylon exterior ? etc.

Thanks !

Hello Smellsfishy,

It's me again, Oceaner Liz. I just figured out how to add attachments so I thought I would send you a product info sheet on these new camouflage suits. Hope this info is easier to read and helps answer your questions.

All the Best,

Oceaner Liz

Attachments

• Spearfishing - Info sheet.pdf
    51.1 KB · Views: 167
Fantastic, thanks Liz, that looks great and probably ideal for me in Caribbean waters (I think).

Will I still need to lube it up? (I don't know what flat lock means.)

Yes, sponsor logos is exactly what I meant. Should I PM you or email or something in order to get pricing and options etc?

Thanks for the pdf, that's very helpful,
Gordon.

Your welcome. Did you also see the photos of the 1.5 Tropical suits? I'm not sure if everyone could see them when I replied to another person. Still learning the ropes of Forum communication and I have probably botched this message too as you may two of the same type of replies.

A very confused Oceaner Liz

I saw the tropical PDF file.

Question regarding the logo printing. What are the requirements for the image file format and size ? How big is the area you normally print ? Is it front/back/arms ?

thanks again,

Meir

I saw the tropical PDF file.

Question regarding the logo printing. What are the requirements for the image file format and size ? How big is the area you normally print ? Is it front/back/arms ?

thanks again,

Meir

Hi Meir,

The logos can be printed on arms, legs and chest/back. Here are some specs for you to consider:

Typically arms logos can be 4" x 4" 0r 4" x 8" max
Chest or Back logos can be 8" x 8" max

Printing on skin (COMP suit) - high res jpg or vector file (ai, eps)
Printing on Lycra (REC suit) - vector file (ai, eps)

All the Best,

Liz

Liz,

About how much does the REC 45 in 3MM cost?

Hi tycoonelyk,
Sorry for the delay in my response. I was away. The web price for a stock 3mm REC45 would be $479 Canadian. A custom package would be an additional $150 Canadian.
All the Best,
Oceaner Liz

I have two oceaner wetsuits a 3mm and a six mm rec 45. They are the best suits I have ever used. However after close to 400 dives the hood on the 3mm suit and to some extent the six mm as well seem to be breaking down, they are very sticky to touch and leave a residue of neoprene on my ears and neck after a dive. Perhaps oceaner Liz can respond, the suits are mostly used in an area where fresh water is hard to get so they do not get rinsed as often as I would like, but if it was simply a matter of not rinsing then the rest of the suits would show the same deteroration I would think. Perhaps it's just that they are wearing out? In any case they have provided me with three years of enjoyment, but I thought it odd that the suits would manifest this problem in the hood?? Anyone else had this sort of thing happen?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT