• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Oceanic F-10 v3 vs. Aqua lung i200c computer/watch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BotoX888

Apr 27, 2022
I read a lot of reviews of freedive watches/computers and i narrowed my selection down to these 2 watches. I live in Switzerland and the prices for those watches are:

> F-10: 370$ (shipping not included)
> i200c: 245$ (shipping not included)

Now my question: I read that the F-10 is very popular among freedivers and that it is really great. But i ask myself if it is really worth the 125$ more? What would i be missing (especially in terms of fearures/functionalities/durability) if I would go for the i200c?

Many thanks in advance guys! ;-)

The F-10 is a high functioning freediving specific watch with a significant amount of features for advanced divers. The i200c is a scuba/freedive mutt that will have some limited freediving functionality in comparison. If you are looking for an inexpensive entry level freediving watch you might look at the Salvimar One. I am waiting for one in the mail, it would probably be hard to find a bad review for this one. The F-10 would have been my next choice for my budget.

Thanks for your reply. However, I don't understand the logic of buying entry level/noob gear and then later on to buy more advanced and more expensive gear. Thats a waste of money, imo. I think that I'm better off buying only 1 instead of 2 watches.
That being said, what features would I miss if I went for the i200 or i300 watch instead of the F-10? I just saw the i300 for only 199$ (which surprised me). Can I also set multiple depth alarms (lets say 5/10/15/20/25m etc) with the i200/i300?

The price of the watch will have to reflect your ambitions, the F-10 is overly capable for what I need. When I get to the point of wanting greater features a newer fancier watch will be available on the market. In that meantime, I did not waste any money by buying the best bang for the buck computer. A freediving specific watch will have more alarms, post dive analytics, safety features and such. A beginner freediving watch will have more freediving features than a more expensive scuba/freediving mutt watch.

Reactions: annc and BotoX888
Your argument actually convinced me and I saw the salvimar one plus for only 87$. After reading a few positive feedbacks I bought it directly. Cant wait to test it ;-)

I've had an F10 for 5 years and it works great. I change the battery once per year. My only small gripe is that I can't hear the beeper tone. But that is not really a must-have feature for me. But I have also read that other watches have the same problem with too quiet tones..

Reactions: BotoX888
Just my .02 my friend has the salvimar watch and he likes it alot, im sure itll serve its purpose, if you decide to get the f10 in the future its also great i too have used it for a few years and absolutely love it

sounds great, seems like i did a lot right. i bought the following gear for only 281$

[v] salvimar one plus freediving computer
[v] technisub aqualung micromask
[v] omer zoom pro snorkel
[v] CRESSI GARA 3000 LD fins
[v] Spetton Apnea Academy Nose Clip

I thought it would be much more expensive.

Reactions: Jon305
sounds great, seems like i did a lot right. i bought the following gear for only 281$

[v] salvimar one plus freediving computer
[v] technisub aqualung micromask
[v] omer zoom pro snorkel
[v] CRESSI GARA 3000 LD fins
[v] Spetton Apnea Academy Nose Clip

I thought it would be much more expensive.
That will set you up nicely, good choice on the fins, first pair I bought too. These are very stiff fins so be prepared for a good workout but at least you wont have to worry about diving in the rocks or anything.

Nice! That does sound like a sweet deal i have the same mask but paid 100 for it, all that plus fins seems like i need you for future purchases lol ive definitely overpaid for gear do to my impatience

My local dive shop is selling the F10 for $280. Is this a steal I need to jump on? I kind of wanted to hold out for the D4F.

I run both the F10 and the D4i. The F10 has larger numbers than the Suunto and I really like that. The D4i is louder for the depth alerts and easier to toggle the time of day. Otherwise, for general up and down diving, I actually prefer the F10.

Reactions: AZ_Atypical
I love, and recommend the Garmin Descent; Mark 1 or 2. If you dive you likely do all the other stuff too; running, hiking, biking, sailing, whatever, and this watch does it all while still doing freediving well.
I had a Salvimar One, and while it was sufficient, it was not even close to being as capable as my Garmin - but I guess that is OBE now.

I have the Aeris f10 which is the oceanic f10 just a different sticker. I’ve had it for a long time. Probably 10 years now. I change the battery when it needs it. Always use a screen protector (just a clear sticker). It is my daily wearer. It is abused. I weld, grind, mow, build, wrestle with this thing on and when time permits go for a dive. I have only been to 60ft but it works great. Agree with the alarms not audible at depth. Easy to use. Fairly intuitive. I love it as a daily watch because it’s easy to read and when doing night work, has a great light. The fact it also tells you day, date and time means I don’t need to use my brain when I’ve had no sleep. Would highly recommend.

Reactions: AZ_Atypical
I've had an F10 for 5 years and it works great. I change the battery once per year. My only small gripe is that I can't hear the beeper tone. But that is not really a must-have feature for me. But I have also read that other watches have the same problem with too quiet tones..
Yeah, I have the same issue and it is a problem for me. I have the v2, so not sure how different the v3 is. I had written a review after I got it (https://swissspearo.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-aeris-f10v2-freedive-watch.html?m=0 ), needless to say I was disappointed with it. I had read loads of reviews and it seemed to be the best watch dive computer for freediving.

I need to know an alarm goes off because I tend to enter a flow state when freediving/spearfishing. I can see how if you freedive only in competition mode it may not be useful to hear the alarms since you can look at the watch, but when you are in the ocean actually exploring or hunting you forget about it and that can be deadly.

I would probably get an Atmos MissionOne should I buy one now, or wait for their Mission 2 when it comes out. It seems to tick most of my boxes.

Cheers,
Gabriel

Reactions: J Campbell
I received the watch and i gotta say that i really like it. Just one thing: How do i turn it off? Or is that not possible?

I received the watch and i gotta say that i really like it. Just one thing: How do i turn it off? Or is that not possible?
If its anything like mine, it doesnt turn off, just goes into kind of a non use mode or a "screen saver" type of mode where it just shows like the time. Maybe look for the manual tho and see if theres a way?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT