• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Oceanic F-10 v3 vs. Aqua lung i200c computer/watch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
If its anything like mine, it doesnt turn off, just goes into kind of a non use mode or a "screen saver" type of mode where it just shows like the time. Maybe look for the manual tho and see if theres a way?
Yeah, the f10v2 also has this problem, it just wastes power because ot can't be turned off, like yours. Mine I have to change batteries once a year because of that. A shame, because when you 1st get it it is turned off but once it is on there is no going back.

In that case this is really a thing. Pfft... I bet they constructed that on purpose in order for people to buy batteries regularly, i.e. to make more money. At the end of the day it always comes down to money...

I don't mind the Salvimar One doesn't turn off, I'm sure the unsophisticated display for the time function does not waste much more power than your standard Casio LCD watch. Sure it doesn't have a 10 year battery life, but many of the fancy rechargeable dive watches might get a week before the battery is nearly dead. The fantastic thing is that the CR2032 is such a common battery, certainly beats having to hunt down a CR2430 a bigger watch would use.

I don't mind the Salvimar One doesn't turn off, I'm sure the unsophisticated display for the time function does not waste much more power than your standard Casio LCD watch. Sure it doesn't have a 10 year battery life, but many of the fancy rechargeable dive watches might get a week before the battery is nearly dead. The fantastic thing is that the CR2032 is such a common battery, certainly beats having to hunt down a CR2430 a bigger watch would use.

I don't know how long the Salvimar lasts on a battery, but the F10v2, if used once a year for a 2 week period and the rest of the time it is in "time mode", it lasts about 1 year. I assume they sample the temperature, water detection continuously even when not in dive mode, but I could be wrong. Anyways they do use more resources than just those to display the time (which is all your Casio does).

Then there is always a risk that when you replace your battery that the o-ring gets pinched or is moved when you re-screw the back and therefore your watch could get flooded. It would be interesting to know how long your battery lasts on the Salvimar.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT