• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

OctoSub Spearguns Australia (heavy duty)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

popgun pete

Jul 30, 2008
Here is another gun maker from the Antipodes, Octosub.
https://www.octosub.com.au/

Eating octopus will never be the same if they were all like the critter on their home page banner, bring out the chainsaw!

This is their largest gun the "Capricorn", but other guns are in the works. All appear to be rear biased mid-handles with band elevator ramps at the muzzles. There is even a pink version in a light colored timber. The use of band elevators means they do not have to scallop the top deck for band troughs on either side of the top deck, but not sure of what types of wishbone are used.
OCTOSUB.jpg

Octosub Capricorn speargun.jpg

Octosub Capricorn speargun pink.jpg

There is a video of the OctoSub carbon gun and some text "These are basically 4.2kg fully composite moulded stocks. Any infills are with high density pvc foam. Most of our guns are not designed with fish smaller than 30kg in mind, so it is understandable that those more used to shooting small fish would want “more curves”. We are looking mostly at more displacement & ballast to tame recoil from 3/8 spears & multiple rubbers."

Trying to work out how to do the video transfer. The first photo is of a 4.2kg blank. The weight is entirely epoxy & composites, no lead or other ballast. It is solid through the rear section. Just needs some pink bands (my observation)!
Octosub stock in pool testing.jpg

Octosub rear end.jpg

Octosub stock center section.jpg

Octosub front end.jpg

Octosub band detail.jpg

These guns have been developed for shooting fish in Australian waters where a bit of grunt is required, particularly if sharks need to be deterred if all else fails.

Looks like the site has expired
34b835ab36ce21601a013e67c56e1ee4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes, that happened only a few days ago and my contact told me the webmaster had to fix something on the website. He also sent me the images of the carbon gun with the pink parts and this photo of a group of the composite guns.
Octosub multi color guns.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the site has expired

What would you like to know Gab? I will try to answer questions.
On our website several months ago we decided to only keep some timber models, not the new carbon & composite ones. We didnt even bother to put the last timber model on the site as they were always spoken for before we could complete them. Maybe in six months we will have a couple of composite to offer publicly, but we are making another plug for the mould for another size speargun so I expect demand will exceed supply & our ability to meet it for some time.

Reactions: Kodama
What would you like to know Gab? I will try to answer questions.
On our website several months ago we decided to only keep some timber models, not the new carbon & composite ones. We didnt even bother to put the last timber model on the site as they were always spoken for before we could complete them. Maybe in six months we will have a couple of composite to offer publicly, but we are making another plug for the mould for another size speargun so I expect demand will exceed supply & our ability to meet it for some time.
I just wanted to have a look :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT