• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Oculus underwater flat lenses kit for GoPro HERO HD

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Oculus lens

Mar 22, 2011
Oculus flat lens for GoPro Hero HD (best for R5 only)

The Oculus replacement flat lens has been designed for use with the GoPro HERO HD underwater case to correct blurry video quality as a result of the distortion of the standard supplied domed lens. Constructed of thick high grade laminated optical plastics, the Oculus lens is another affordable solution to enhance picture quality of GoPro HERO HD underwater footage. While the Oculus works best with R5 mode at 1080p it will work at lower resolutions but their wider FOV angles will catch the corners of the lens in the frame requiring cropping to be done with a video editing software.

The Oculus lens is an easy swap over that requires no modification to the housing and has been rigorously tested and rated to up to 70 meters / 230 feet for over 70 minutes with no leaks, lens deformation or picture degradation. Our stainless steel screws are also salt water proof. Our pictures show the Oculus lens being tested in a dive pressure chamber and comparison screen captures from the standard lens quality to the Oculus quality.

The kit sells for USD 39.00 shipped and contains:

2 units of Oculus lenses
24 stainless steel screws
1 instruction sheet

Payment is by Paypal only and shipping is to a confirmed address. Shipping is free by standard registered post or at an additional cost of USD 26.- by EMS worldwide.

Please have a look at the comparison footage on Youtube below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNMxE-fSvHo]YouTube - Oculus underwater flat lens video test for GoPro Hero HD[/ame]

Also footage from the pressure chamber test below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3eD8ZHSAGY]YouTube - Oculus underwater flat lens pressure test for GoPro Hero HD[/ame]

Also an assembly instructional video below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b8F7qPCIaA]YouTube - Oculus underwater flat lens installation video for the GoPro Hero HD[/ame]

We're happy to answer any questions you may have. Thank you for your interest!

The Oculus Team.

Note: Although our Oculus lens perform well in deeper simulated environments it is important to remember that the standard Gopro housing is only rated at 60 meters / 197 feet and is not recommended to be exceeded. While we make every effort to ensure our lens are 100% sealed we cannot guarantee against any damage from water leakage since this is an end user product assembly (much like GoPro's policy on their standard lens replacement). We can only insist that you follow our assembly instructions carefully and test your housing, much like any other dive equipment, prior to a real dive.

Last edited:
Hi,

I would be in Bangkok in 2 weeks (28/06/11), where can I find your lenses in Bangkok?
Do you have a store?

Sincerly,

Lio.

hi Maritn,
ok I note your phone number, and I call you back when I'm in town.
Thanks for your prompt response,
See you soon,
Lio.

Sawadee krap

hi Maritn,
Can you tell me the price of a HD Housing in Bangkok? I need one and I would like to know if it is cheaper in Thailand than in France (45€/64$).
I landed at 12 am Monday at Suvarnabhumi, I think I can be available for a meeting in the afternoon. I hope you will be also available cause I go diving in Koh Tao on Tuesday. I took the train Tuesday at 1pm.
Answer me on my mail: lionelgerardin at me dot com

Thanks,

Lio.

Hi,

Where can I find your lenses in Jakarta? or is it possible to make a purchase without paypal?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…