• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Oil Spill May Be In Loop Current Now

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http//www.guardian.co.uk%2Fworld%2F2010%2Fmay%2F30%2Foil-spills-nigeria-niger-delta-shell&h=71a0d

been watching the news and i am baffled by the amount of the nationalistic bull sh!t coming from across the pond towards the uk because of the initials BP.
what was BP s name before it was changed 9 years ago ?:head

hope the mess gets cleared up and damage is as minimalised as much and as quick as possible

but the facts are some(not all) people are pointing were fingers in the wrong direction while standing in a green house with a giant stone in their hand. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
http//www.guardian.co.uk%2Fworld%2F2010%2Fmay%2F30%2Foil-spills-nigeria-niger-delta-shell&h=71a0d

been watching the news and i am baffled by the amount of the nationalistic bull shit coming from across the pond towards the uk because of the initials BP.
what was BP s name before it was changed 9 years ago ?:head

hope the mess gets cleared up and damage is as minimalised as much and as quick as possible

but the facts are some(not all) people are pointing were fingers in the wrong direction while standing in a green house with a giant stone in their hand. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

what about the tv ad?:
its funny. you say bp is not a british company. you have been adamant to point that out over and over again. personally, i want to see those responsible arrested and convicted of murder (at least manslaughter) plus pay HUGE fines to the government and even larger payments to those who will lose livelihood. but i DONT want to blame the brits (citizens) for it. nor do i see a whole lot of airtime given to that sort of thing. i would suggets to you , that you may be hypersensitive to this issue. when we were chucking insults at each other, you had me "pegged" as a brit hater. or atleast did your best to make it seem that way. it simply isnt true. not in my case. no matter how much i want someone to blame and pay. i just dont see your average brit-citizen as the people responsible. iIT IS THE OIL COMPANY! the BRITISH oil company that did it. and you can try all you like to convince ME that the company isnt british, in some sort of bid to deny responsibility to you. but noone is blaming YOU. we are blaming oil company. you really ought to talk to your old friends at bp about the tv ads coming on tv in florida presently: it shows an english gentleman with a thick accent, who CLAIMS (he hasnt talked to jay cluskey yet evidently, about his nationality)to be british AND the ceo of british petroleum, oh i'm sorry not "british" petroleum" whats the acronym now? anyway, he's on there for 3 minutes saying he and his comany are sorry and will pay everyone. in my view . (living in key west, i feel i am entitled to one) the company IS doing what they can do . its not enough, because they created a situation, where it doesnt matter HOW HARD you try or effort given. what we need is an IDEA. a way to cap this thing off. these fools drilled WAY deeper than anyone can fix the thing. and the oil seen so far is the "tip of the iceberg" give this thing two more months flowing full tilt, and everyone's attitudes "in u.s.) is gonna change. you guys think i am extreme in my views, just wait. by september i will be considerd moderate. and if bp really isnt british: they shouldnt have a british guy on tv "claiming " to be in charge of it. i mean c'mon. why not get a hot chick with a new jersey accent to say sorry. the british accent might convince some of us stupid americans. that the man/ thus the company IS IN FACT BRITISH. i'm not sure why that matters so much to you . but is does seem as if it IS. and the more you try to convince us otherwise, the more YOU make it seem so. i guess i understand you trying to distance yourself as much as possible from this thing, but its unnecessary, in my view. we americans may be stupid as compared to you, but we ARE smart enough to know that big oil companies act without the collective uk citizens knowledge. even if they DO own part of the company. its not as if you all sat around having tea, voting on deep drilling. that is not ANYONES view that i know. anyway lol. google the tv commercial i am referring to. it doesnt help your country's bid for denial of ownership of bp.. : btw: i made a point not to insult ANYONE, i would appreciate the same.

Last edited:
jt ill be real straight here now .
have you not mastered the unsubscribe button .:head
im not hypersenensitive to this issue, i do not give a flying toss what is floating around your neck i dont care if you cant go spearing today (but neither do you because you said you will move home didnt you)
i was stating the sentiments conveyed by bbc news today an actual report which states all of the facts and concearns regarding some of mr hussain obamas comments .
and my comments regard this report and the reports coming in of a anti british attitude due to the selective reporting of the incident .

i wish bp was british for some morbid reason but i researched the facts before i waded in with a long winded rant . (why did you edit your last pile of shite you must of taken my advice :friday)

i have not pegged you as anything at all jt i frankly dont have to

have a nice weekend bud

James Cameron says BP turned down help offer.

Director James Cameron says BP turned down help offer - Yahoo! News

I am surprised by this because at this point BP should be desperate enough to accept any help or idea, especially from right people.
What surprise me even more is heaters comments below article. We all know this isn't perfect world but to call someone "altruistic idiot" for helping hand is sick.

Reactions: jay cluskey
to be fair cameron said his contacts have no experience in the oil drilling field they have plenty of experience in operating rov,s and electronic optical fibre system so maybe something else more than this is requred.
i can see this issue being played out throughout the courts once bp has dealt with the spill.
its obvious that the drilling and exploration company have a hand in what has gone wrong and whoever is culpable will answer to the authorities.
the news reports in uk are saying 48million pounds has been spent so far the operations so far so i can imagine there is an open chequebook to deal with this and once all is cleared up the littigation issues will start .

just a pointer jt stats of ownership uk owns 40% combined of 33 institutions and 7 individuals and us owns 39% combined of 25 institutions and 14 individuals europe 10% rest of world 7 % and 4% of unallocated shares.
bp ammoco became bp 9 or 10 years ago
its a global company with a british label thats all
http://www.corporations.org/bp-amoco

its all there jt, in black and white as i said. bp ammoco is one of the worlds worst polluters.

today i commented on a news report, not an over edited advert and i have seen the CEO,S interview speaking quite honestly and openly .
have the drilling contractors run an interview yet ? i think not .

like i said in my very first response, i picked out your comment (who can stop US). i am really really bored repeating my self now and its sunny outside and i have a fridge with some beer in it

jt ill be real straight here now .
have you not mastered the unsubscribe button .:head
im not hypersenensitive to this issue, i do not give a flying toss what is floating around your neck i dont care if you cant go spearing today (but neither do you because you said you will move home didnt you)
i was stating the sentiments conveyed by bbc news today an actual report which states all of the facts and concearns regarding some of mr hussain obamas comments .
and my comments regard this report and the reports coming in of a anti british attitude due to the selective reporting of the incident .

i wish bp was british for some morbid reason but i researched the facts before i waded in with a long winded rant . (why did you edit your last pile of shite you must of taken my advice :friday)

i have not pegged you as anything at all jt i frankly dont have to

have a nice weekend bud

WOW! take it easy. jeez. i say what i like. get used to it. dont get that vein bulging in your neck again. its not healthy. i live in the oil spill area, so if you dont want to hear from me stop posting on this thread. you are irrelevent on this issue anyway,.

Everybody loves to get all whipped up - get that lower-endocrine high that comes from being pissed off, self righteous and being able to blame it all on something or someone outside of yourself. Its why its okay if its somebody in a different culture who's kid gets machine-gunned in front of them. It's why sexually frustrated dudes who live in freaking gravel think it s okay to try and spread lost russian isotopes around in London, or New York. Personally - I think its part of our genetic programming - the part that enables humankind to self-destruct if we don't bloody-well GET OFF IT and grow up.

Oil spills are an obvious and inevitable consequence of all the dispshittery that has kept us sucking oil out of the ground in copious quantities.

Blame every single person you see driving an SUV. Blame families who have cars for their f(&ing dogs and cats. Blame the republicans, blame the democrats, blame people you don't like or who you think look funny. BLAME THE FRENCH!

Theres no bloody safe way to pull oil out of a couple miles of Ocean - did you REALLY think there was? Theres no way to safely run the world on unrenewable resources - did you REALLY think there was?

The smart thing is to fix the problem - not get all satisfied and forget about it once you find some hapless schmuck to string up.

Its bad. It needs to get fixed. Someobody probably F'd up - but maybe not - maybe its just freaking dangerous. This country is on the skids right now partly because its such a blame farm that politicians can completely control public opinion - overriding what little passes for intelligence in most people - simply by whipping out some thinly rationalized blame.

But if you wanna talk about 'using the military' or 'putting 'em on trial for murder' or killing somebody - why don't you just call talk radio or something. Because around here you're just turning tragedy into parody.

Last edited:
Everybody loves to get all whipped up - get that lower-endocrine high that comes from being pissed off, self righteous and being able to blame it all on something or someone outside of yourself. Its why its okay if its somebody in a different culture who's kid gets machine-gunned in front of them. It's why sexually frustrated dudes who live in freaking gravel think it s okay to try and spread lost russian isotopes around in London, or New York. Personally - I think its part of our genetic programming - the part that enables humankind to self-destruct if we don't bloody-well GET OFF IT and grow up.

Oil spills are an obvious and inevitable consequence of all the dispshittery that has kept us sucking oil out of the ground in copious quantities.

Blame every single person you see driving an SUV. Blame families who have cars for their f(&ing dogs and cats. Blame the republicans, blame the democrats, blame people you don't like or who you think look funny. BLAME THE FRENCH!

Theres no bloody safe way to pull oil out of a couple miles of Ocean - did you REALLY think there was? Theres no way to safely run the world on unrenewable resources - did you REALLY think there was?

The smart thing is to fix the problem - not get all satisfied and forget about it once you find some hapless schmuck to string up.

Its bad. It needs to get fixed. Someobody probably F'd up - but maybe not - maybe its just freaking dangerous. This country is on the skids right now partly because its such a blame farm that politicians can completely control public opinion - overriding what little passes for intelligence in most people - simply by whipping out some thinly rationalized blame.

But if you wanna talk about 'using the military' or 'putting 'em on trial for murder' or killing somebody - why don't you just call talk radio or something. Because around here you're just turning tragedy into parody.
fondueset you are a million percent right thanks for putting it that way:friday .
jt my neck aint bulging im not bothered at all but i am relevant very relevant every one with a voice is relevant how can you say im not relevant you were stating this problem was going to affect us all last week so say what you want but try not to contradict yourself too much rofl

I put him on my ignore list Jay, you just see his name pop up and nothing else.

Very good idea that was. What's that little voice?... oooh I can't even hear it.

;)
Posted via Mobile Device

I put him on my ignore list Jay, you just see his name pop up and nothing else.
Ignore lists can be handy on (fairly rare) occasion.

So can unsubscribing from threads (I now unsubscribed by default):
i keep getting email's everytime someone posts on this thread.so every time i try to ignore it, as soon as i check my email, i get interested,, then pissed,... i never figured out how to unsubscribe until now. so i will. its interesting though: i was and am the only one who is actually effected by this,(i live in key west, where YOU from?) who ever chimed in on this thread. and now i'm gone , so all you with the important ideas and thoughts can have it back...............peace........
You can also tweak your email options - definitely worth looking at. Getting an email the instance anyone replies is not always the best option. ;)

As Spaghetti will tell you, I am always right.

so here is the problem: (I'm not kidding - do the homework)

rand_pic.jpg
Ayn Rand

Wasn't that her hat that was just used to cap the leak? Seems she was part of the solution after all! :blackeye

Reactions: fcallagy
I saw a documentary about the oil spill of Exxon Valdez and how the really rich and powerful oil company managed to first delay the payments and then finally get new verdict and pay less, about 10% of the financial damage the people of Cordova suffered.

Of course theres the damage to wildlife you really cant put a price tag on too. Its also a bit hard to put a price tag on people who got so depressed after losing their whole way of life they killed themselves.

Do you really think that BP will be any different than Exxon Mobil?

Do you still vote for people who let the oil companies save costs by NOT using the tankers with double walls?

Do you still vote for people who didnt think any regulations about plans -what to do when the shit really hits the fan-were needed?

Do you still vote for people whos campains are paid by oil industry?

The big companies dont want to pay for the plans and knowhow and equipment needed to fix the things gone wrong. So they wont.

Reactions: jay cluskey
What a disgrace this is, humans are just leeches sucking the life out of this planet. The best thing that could ever happen is something to kill all human life on this planet.

To Frozen Duck.

Do you really think that with the oil companies in the developed world only recieving approximately 5% of the pump price that it is possible to vote for anyone else??

To nth Qld Spearo.

I have a good idea who we should start with.

Here is an oily story...

Oil, amazing stuff really.

I see my laptop is plastic, the metals were mined, the food I eat while scrawling this, the war machines, the home I live in etc. etc etc.

All possible because of oil.

Here are some pics from the offshore side of what goes on in the back yard that enables us to do these things.

Here is a picture of a rig producing very little pollution!

here is a rig in another part of the world that is producing a lot of pollution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT