• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Okanagon July?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JMD

May 10, 2001
How about a trip to the Okanogan in July? I'm thinking of going out for a long weekend or some such thing...

Stu's folks have a place out there and we've discussed it. I'm in if the timing's right.
Erik

I am unlikely able in July. Most of my longer excursions have to be done early this season. You may be getting into fruit season by then. Please bring me some cherries. :p

Lee

We're here. :D We've lived in Okanagan Falls and Skaha has some nice bluffs at the southeast side.
http://www.anglersatlas.com/pdf/bcr8/skaha.pdf
Haven't been to the Penticton side of Okanagan lake, just the Vernon side (Ellison Park) which also has some nice bluffs and two adorable bays (mermaid pics? ;) ) We haven't been to Kamalka, but we've had our eye on it as the water's a really nice turqouise color.
If you don't mind venturing further north, we've been slowly getting aquainted with the lakes around Kamloops (Johnston's underwater forest, Pavilion's NASA "freshwater coral", Adams lake limestone caves and pinnacles), etc )

I recall when I was 5 or so, swimming in Osoyoos Lake, when suddenly right there in the shallows of the designated swimming area, this HUGE fish swam past me. Just a shadow in the water and I tried to track it and keep a lock. I saw it for a while and then it disappeared. At that age it seemed a monster, and now I wonder what it was and how big it really was. I don't recall every remembering that experience since then, until I saw this thread. :D

JMD said:
That was Ogopogo...

Took the words right out of my mouth James. Yes, Tyler you actually saw the brother of Loch ness.

lee

I knew I was onto something big!! and that all the freediving was happening in my life for a reason. I now know it has been my calling to be the one to track down Ogopogo!

Here I come, ready or not...

supposed some monster carp near the floating bridge. could be worth further investigation

eww.. the channel is one place i'll never dive. some places are better left unexplored. tyler, good luck, and while you're down there, see if you can find the towel i dropped when i tipped a catamaran on the skaha side! :D

HI FRIENDS
I'm going to work and live in Canada.
'm Practicing the sport Spearfishing in my country Brazil.
I wonder of you Spearfishing practitioners in the region in Canada (Toronto and Kelowna) if these places are good places to Spearfishing?
I would like to know which lakes and the best place to practice these Spearfishing region?

Regards,
EMERSON ENDLICH.

LOYAL STONE.
endlich_emerson@hotmail.com
emerson.endlich @ loyalstone.com
Phone: +55 27 3328-6665
Mobile: +55 27 92639945

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT