• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Okinawa spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hedden2005

Oct 26, 2009
Hello im here in Okinawa for 4 years and am looking for dive buddy's. Send me a PM if your interested in doing some spearing :D

Reactions: Mr. X
Hi there. I am interested in going out to spearfish. I only have snorkling gear and a scuba skin. I could purchase a gun, but I want to see what spearfishing is like first. I know once I go, I will be hooked. Let me know if you are interested in going. I have transportation means and would like to find some good spots to spear.

I don't have any extra guns at the moment . Ijust have polespears and they are hard to use. Have you done any freediving at all? I usually dive in 30 - 60 ft of water also. And what is your schedule like and where abouts you live?
Posted via Mobile Device

Been on the island for a few months now, looking to get out spearfishing soon while all this good weather lasts. Let me know if you are interested. Onna Village anyone?

I am down to go whenever. PM me if you want to go out and kill some fish. I just got a new gun also ;)

Alright man, are you on Foster? Kadena? Also just curious AF USMC USN? I work a good schedule especially for living on Oki. 24 on/24 off, with 3 days off every week so finding an off day is easy. Have you been out before or know of any clubs on the island?

Going out today to Torii Beach or Ikei Island, whatever is best. Will be out around noon if anyone is up for going.

Im USAF on foster actually. I am trying to go today at 2. You said around noon but if 2 is cool then I am down to get a dive in! Call me at 080 4289 1098 if you want to go today! Talk to ya later on man

Hey man, sorry I didn't get your message til' sunday morning. We ended up North of Torii Beach near the harbor. A little bit of a swim but a hell of a trip. once you hit the drop off, its a good 30 ft depth. We had a white tip shark sittin under the rock so watch your six. Tons of oppertunity for shooting though. No GT or grouper like we wanted but tons more that were shootable. A little choppy but we had the float tube to rest on. Lets plan for something next week if you have time off. Also just checking, you werent a TI back in 06 were you?

Well now you have my number incase you ever want to go. So did you guys shoot anything at all yesterday? We are trying to get out today. Its a little on the windy side but there are a few spots protected by the wind we might hit up. I wasnt a TI in 06 just to let ya know. Well if you ever want to get a dive in let me know. I work nights during the week so if you want to go let me know the night before on a week night and we will hit the water ;) I need a dive buddy for the weekdays :D

lol, whew good thing man cause I was about to say way to small of a world. This next week, Monday Wed Thurs would work. The wall north of the harbor had a ton of parrot fish, plus the shark. Good place to try if you are near there. Would like to get an early start around 830-9 depending on the tide. I'll spread the word here at the station and we'll see you this next week.

Thursday would work for me. You have to let me know by wednesday morning soni can get some rest since I work nights. You can email me at Joshua.hedden@gmail.com or call or text me at 080 4289 1098! Well hope to hear from ya! Let's kill some fish :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Hello i'm new to this forum and came across your posts reguarding spearfishing and I was wondeing how y'all are liking it so far? I'm in the AF and currently at Osan AB and headed to Kadena in July, if any of you area still in the local area and go out on a regular basis and got room for a extra person I'd appreciate it.

V/R

Got a question with everything going on on the main land is that having any effect on local fishing areas around that area? Also I'm a avid bowfisher and was wondering if you know of any laws that would prevent me from being able to us it every now and then?

I don't think it has affected the fishing here, I went out last Sunday and everything seemed normal. Not sure on the Bowhunting, sorry. But as always don't ask a question you don't want the answer to.

Yep just let us know when you arrive !! There's plenty of good diving to go around :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Guys, I'm looking to increase my opportunities (and abilities) for free diving/polespear fishing. I've been on the island for 7 months and have done a bit, but I'd like to get out more (with someone for safety). I live in the Kadena/Torii area. Let me know if I can tag along sometime.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT