• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Old Dacor speargun parts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fishlips

Mar 31, 2008
I have an old Dacor speargun I use for panfish. The rubber band has been replaced a few times, and so has the tip/prong. It used to have a nice, thin line to secure the shaft to the gun. Now it has some awful nylon string instead. Can anyone point me to where I can get a decent line?

It's the white string - a total drag.

I have a roll of yellow dyneema I can give you a length of. Also, a lot of online spearo shops carry shot line.

That band looks pretty thin and for the size of the shaft, under powered.

How is the trigger? Have you done a teardown and cleaned it up?

After Whopperhead and I get back from FL, if we meet up for a dive I'll bring some band and we can power it up and get it cleaned up. Unless your up for a new gun. But maybe $10 in rubber and line from the looks of it.

Thanks for the offer, Chris.
I believe you are right by saying the band is underpowered. It was all they had it a dive shop in Green Back a few years back, and I did notice a drop in performance. The trigger hasn't been torn down or cleaned, and I'll get on that this week. Shouldn't be that hard I would think.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…