• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Old Man Dave - sad news.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

foxfish

Silver Smoker
Dec 31, 2005
My brother Dave has been battling with cancer.
Today he lost his battle.

He was a very special man.

RIP OMD....

Dave on his boat less than 8 weeks ago...

Attachments

• P1010178(1).JPG
    P1010178(1).JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 870
Mart, Derek and of course Helen, I just can believe it!!!
Dave was a very special kind of guy and he was my friend.
OMD you will be sorely missed by many people and I will be one of them.
RIP

Reactions: foxfish
I simply can't believe it. My deepest sympathies to all the Foxens at this difficult time, I just can't say anything else right now. RIP Dave I will sorely miss you mate.

What a shock.

Deepest sympathy to his family. God's peace be with you.

Dave was the backbone of our Guernsey forum threads. Always willing to share his experience and expertise. His enthusiasm for diving and spearfishing was evident. Many of us are grateful to him for his encouragement and warm welcome into the Guernsey freediving community.

Thank you Dave. I'm so glad to have known you. We all ribbed you about your fish counts because you were the undesputed Flattie King - and we were all jealous! :)

You'll be missed.

Marcel
Posted via Mobile Device

MY heart and love goes out to you Mart. Dave was and is a much loved member of our caring community and will be sorely missed.

His wisdom, love and passion will live on

stay safe my friend.

im sorry to hear this and shocked also.
dave only posted his congratulations to me a few days ago.
rest in peace OMD a true gentleman.
my sincere condolences to all the foxen family and extended familys.

So sorry to hear this.
Dave was simply the nicest, wisest and most encouraging person ever to contribute to DB. He'll be greatly missed by us all who knew him just a tiny bit. Massive sympathy and our prayers for those of you who loved him most.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Its such a shame.

My deepest sympathy goes out to his family.

R.I.P O.M.D

Very sad news! My condolences to the family and friends.

RIP, Dave, you are missed

I must mirror and add to the sentiments added by others: I never knew Dave but I felt like i did through his helpful and well rounded posts that have helped many a Spearo, including myself.

Thoughts be with his family and a thank you to the man himself. God rest you and God bless you OMD.

Tribs and all the Budleigh Boys

out

A good man. RIP, and those close to him please celebrate his life and take care of yourselves.
Erik
Posted via Mobile Device

A very sad day.
To be honest I'm shocked.

Dave you will be greatly missed and db will never be the same or as good without you.

R.I.P Old Man Dave.

Mart my deepest sympathy's to you and Dave's family.

Last edited:
this is indeed very sad news and quite a shock.

when i think of Old Man Dave i think of good spirits, good humor and a good friend to all on the forums -- a true gent.

my condolences to dave's family and to you foxfish.

i agree with magpie - things won't be the same.

kp

Condolences to all, OMD was a true gent and this very sad news makes this adage, "you only live once, so live it" even more poignant :(

My FOM trophies are even more precious now...

Regards
John

Last edited:
Such sad news of a man who was so full of life, so many projects yet to be done.
My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time Mart, Derek and Helen.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT