• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

"Old" vs. "New" Omer Footpockets

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DaKahuna

Sep 20, 2003
Hello All,
I've read in a couple of threads here that there is a difference between an older version of the Omer millenium footpockets and a newer version. This is in regards to the stiffness of the rubber.
I picked up a set of the Riffe Pez Fuerte fins (Omer footpockets) from a LDS that was blowing out all their hunting gear because "it's not what they want to focus on". Translation seemed to be, there's more money in scuba gear....
Anyways, the footpockets seem very stiff but I have never used anything similar. I have only ever used SC Jetfins.
How do I know if these are the "stiff" version. In one thread I thought someone posted that Omer would replace the stiff ones with new ones. Has anyone tried this? Will the pockets "break in" and soften up?

Thanks for any assistance that can be passed along.

I have two pair of OMER footpockets on my fins, an older set of Valerio Grassi footpockets, and a newer set of Milleniums. The Milleniums are stiffer than any full pocket fin I've used before, however not nearly as stiff as the Valerio Grassi's! I found that the super stiff ones got more comfortable with time, but I also wear a 3 or 5 mm sock. They would be unbearably painful without them.

So I think if you use your fins alot, they'll break in nicely. If not, at least youve got an excuse to get down to the water alot! I don't know of any OMER policy regarding replacing footpockets, however there very well might be some such thing.

Dive safe!
Aaron

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT