• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

olepneumatic vs. Sling/rubber/whatever u call it

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

olepneumatic VS. rubber sling

• rubber sling

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • olepneumatic

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • whatever gets the job done!!!!

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Rubber powered. Pneumatics seems underpowered for larger fish. And I find the loading a little risky...

I like my Riffe and my RA's but wouldnt mind having a pneumatic for cave hunting or as a backup gun.

Hi Mishu,

This will depend what ur r shooting. No one type of guns fits all. I have and love both types.

Pneu is fun but noisy and require more maintenance. Easy and fast to load ( 95cm max 4 me ). More power length for length than a single band Euro gun. When u attach a Mini Q40 torch, this is one hell of a cave/hole gun. Power adjustable at flip of a switch.

Band gun, easy to maintain, can detect worn out parts before failure occur. Good ones can be VERY powerful. Mid handle one can actualy swing faster than any pneu.

Extereme long term usage............you can't beat band guns like the Riffe.

IYA

Rubber because the Pneumatics keep breaking on me. They were great for shooting in holes, but cost too much to repair.

Austin

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT