• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Cayman HF 90 Camu 3D - Update

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

bloozer

Jul 8, 2014
Hey there,

I have the speargun (Omer Cayman HF 90). Now I want to update the speargun and use instead of one single sling (18mm) better two slings (16mm).

Now my questions are:
1. Which shaft do I need? America 6.75 mm Single Barb? This one here? https://www.scubastore.com/tauchen/omer-shaft-america-6.75-mm-single-barb/9427/p
2. How long should be the two slings (16mm)? I was thinking about these ones: https://www.scubastore.com/tauchen/omer-performer-2-dyneema-circular-16-mm/137149219/p
But I dont know the length of them.

Thanks for your help!

Greetings,
bloozer

! Remember when you purchased the gun their was an extra handle for left hand users also small lead weights that you regulate on the inner handle and muzzle their is also a piece of paper on size lenth model 75 cm 90 cm e.c.t this diagram instructs on what weight to use on balancing the the gun then you take into accont the reel .the Elastic lenth depends on what type you use i use seac progressive power green 16 cm double also sighal if spelt correctly on these 2 makes i lenthen them a extra 10 12 cm because they are on the basis of a stronger highper tension al so on these 2 types the life expectancy is longer note all elastics are not the same the spear shaft the more grams you add to the gun elastic the reel and the spear shaft diameter effect bouyancy and balance some people use the 14 cm elastic ,. I have noted with some people purshases a standard latex gum after prolonged tension and use they become wasted in months,. Due to covid 19 alot of latex is limited due to decline in production seac power green is no longer in the catalogue i spoke to a employee at the eddie show in bologna last year he said its possible to find out of catalogue.seac has other latex bands i personaly avoid alot of the chineese economic latex bands hope this helps

If you have a bathing tube you could use the water after a bath to regulate and try to balance out the gun

Omer hf 90 is more alike to a 75 mares beacheat If you look at the guns if you have other you shall notice this also the only big difference is the spear shaft 75 carries 115 cm on the omer 90 cm 130 cm shaft other makes difference them selfs also

Which shaft do I need? America 6.75 mm Single Barb? This one here? https://www.scubastore.com/tauchen/omer-shaft-america-6.75-mm-single-barb/9427/p

For the 90cm gun, I'd buy the 130cm spear shaft. This is what I use.

2. How long should be the two slings (16mm)? I was thinking about these ones: https://www.scubastore.com/tauchen/omer-performer-2-dyneema-circular-16-mm/137149219/p
But I dont know the length of them.

38cm for the band is too short. I generally use a 3 - 3.1 expansion factor (not counting the wishbone length) for 16mm bands. I don't have my gun with me now but I'll check it later tonight and let you know the appropriate lengths but one band should be around 56cm (in the muzzle hole closer to the barrel) and the other band should be around 50cm (in the muzzle hole further out or at the out end of the muzzle) with wishbone length of 10cm.

I use the following formula:

L = 2 X [(D - (0.5 X B))/E]

L = Band length

D = Distance of band hole to spear shaft notch/shark fin tab

B = Wishbone length (includes the length of the dead end of the band that doesn't actually stretch)

E = Band Expansion/Stretch factor

! If you use a progressive latex slings the size is this 16mm 73 then wish bone 20 23 on both slings shaft 130cm 6.50 with seac power green latex each end of the sling i cone nose with a stone grinder or angle grinder with safty googles ect.,How do iknow this ! i purchase near to 3 4 meters i take on part of the elastic pull the elastic latex up about 10 cm from were id position the wish bone i try this on both holes !not all elastic makers use the same process their is 3 types of latex speeds and power progressive is start to finish great for seabass ,. if you have to mutch tension on your spear shaft when fired it travels alike a radio wave alike a small wave making the target a miss or near miss,. their are lead weights in the muzzle and handle !extract the pin to the side of handle or muzzle use a small hammer or gum hammer and screw driver lightly when tacking out the muzzle the handle of a screw driver clock wise or anti clock wise after pin extraction

Hey there, thanks for your help. I will buy the 130cm spear shaft (6,75mm). How long exactly should be the two slings (16mm)?

anyone there who can help me?
It is difficult to give you an answer for the proper band length for there are several variables that affect what length you should use for each band.

This is the formula I use:

L = 2 X [(D - (0.5 X B))/E]

L = Band length

D = Distance of band hole to spear shaft notch/shark fin tab

B = Wishbone length (includes the length of the dead end of the band that doesn't actually stretch)

E = Band Expansion/Stretch factor

For the band going from muzzle hole 2 to shaft Tab B (band 2 in the picture below), the distance is around 90cm and assuming a wishbone bridle length of 10cm, the band length should be 56cm (for expansion factor of around 3).

For the band going from muzzle hole 1 to shaft tab A (band 1 in the picture below), the distance is around 80 cm and assuming a wishbone bridle length of 10cm, the band length should be 49cm (for expansion factor of around 3).

NOTE: The distances indicated above, 90 & 80 cm, are based on my own Omer Cayman HF 90 Camu 3D with the shaft I use and the spacing between the tabs specific to the shaft I use. Your shaft may very well have the distances between the muzzle holes and tabs different by few centimeters from mine. Also, I use an expansion factor of around 3 for the 16mm bands I am using. If I were to use 14mm bands, I'd use an expansion factor of around 3.35.

meandros81937a5b2062163aa7585bf164a4204a_7700.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT