• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Clipper board/float = don't buy!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fin50

Aug 18, 2016
Hi
Just a friendly warning for fellow spearfishermen.
I bought an Omer Clipper float / inflatable board some time ago. It took only a couple of times of normal use (less than ten times) to break one of two side air chambers. I did not give it any exeptional abuse / rough handling. I repaired the chamber, but the other one also started to leak quite soon. Material of outer fabric is strong, and there is plenty of nice (and mostly useless) hooks and attachment rings around the board, but air chambers inside are pieces of sh**. You can find better quality plastic in pool toys for children!
Easily broken float is not only waste of money, but it can be really dangerous. For example if you need to swim against current, and you count on a float that suddenly decides to leak = no good. I managed to avoid dangerous situation with this board because I had a fellow in boat nearby, but the float anyway managed to make a lot of harm to our one-week fishing trip.
Please, do some google searching before buying this item. You will find also other people having the same problem with Omer made in china-floats.
Regards,
Fin50

I’d say most floats, from most brands are made in China. But thanks for the heads-up on this particular one!!

I use the Epsealon Patrol board and I am very satisfied with it. Would recommend it to anyone. The Beuchat guardian seems pretty well made too but I have no experience with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT