• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer excalibur 2000 carbon or alu?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Hi,
I'm about to purchase a second gun in 130cm. Well I'm not thinking to spend a fortune on a speargun but also want it to be good for the value. In my application I'll also use this 130cm gun with double 16s.
The question is..
-- What do you think should I get?
Omer excalibur 2000 aluminum 130 ---> 150euro including VAT
Omer excalibur Carbonium 2000 130 --> 245euro including VAT

I know there is a 95 euro price gap but I'm really curious if both guns could handle double 16s without barrel flex! (the carbonium model will be my choice if you think there will be flex in aluminum model).

ps: Carbonium model has a wall thickness of 1.5mm (not very thick for a carbon gun I think.):confused:

Carbon of course! ! !

I have 75 cm OMER T20 Alluminium and 100cm OMER Alluminium but OMER Alluminium ( carbon barell with 1.75mm wall thickness) tracks better than Alluminium barell T20. Hard to belive but its correct! ! !
I advice you to buy OMER Alluminium instead of Excalibur. They are should be no much price difference.

I just wished that your words are true...

Sadly here is the price list that my dealer gave to me...
excal.2000 alu 130 ---> 150 euro
excal.car.2000 130 ---> 245 euro
aluminum 130 ----> 370 euro!!!!!!

I cant effort aluminum sadly.

do you think the wall thikness of carbon excalibur (1.5mm) could handle double 16s?

Originally posted by Memo

do you think the wall thikness of carbon excalibur (1.5mm) could handle double 16s?

I don't know. Wait till Mark (US OMER distributor) hangs around here.

The OMER Alluminium price is 250 euro here. But only 3 gun came to island and probably no more will come. I also get %15 discount;) .

If you especially looking for bluewater hunting, wait a bit and buy better quality gun like TOTEM Tahiti or Rob Allen Saracen.

I'll use the 130cm gun from time to time to catch fish at a distance. I know totem, RA, or others also make good guns but the problem is the budget.

If you will hunt trophy fish it deserve to pay bit higher for your own good... Although RA Saracen will not be much expensive than 250 euro, even with shipping + tax. I heard it has dealer in greek. You may want to try it.

Altough you should be carefull about terminal settings...

You don't have much opportunity to do bluewater, so the last thing you will want is loosing fish coz of your gear.

you're right but my budget is limited with about 250euros. And I want that gun to catch some relatively big fish at a distance.

Well but you can use your 110 cressi for a while right??? Then why not collect extra money for few month and get a gun that you will be more happy with it rest of your life:hmm

Ask greek dealer about Saracen price... You may get for 250 euro.

thank you mate, I'll check saracen and look for other options..

I realized that price of saracen is a way much higer in europe. Probably south africa is better option;)

Life is cheap also but you have to pay from anywhere else;)

They also have some nice catty:D

Reactions: Memo
I guess I'm gonna look for a job at SA at the end of this semester as my education will come to an end...

Originally posted by Memo
I guess I'm gonna look for a job at SA at the end of this semester as my education will come to an end...

:hmm

I watched cape town in tv. It looks like woderfull place.

hi

Yeah and watch those sharks there as well :naughty

cheers

Hello Murat,
If you are doing the aspetto technique,do not give tons of euros alluminum or carbon2000 or etc.,go for the wood(laminated teak and mahogany). A friend of mine in Ýzmir is making wooden guns for years of different types ,try it www.[/url] esperasub.com
Dr.Aydýn Mevsim

Reactions: Murat
I really loved the site that you linked aydýn, I'm really glad to see how good the craftsmanship of our people :)

Well i am really wondering about something for long time.

Which gun tracks better. Wood barell or Carbon??? Of course i am consideringsame size euro guns...

Well...

I looked at that site but couldn't find any deatiled info about guns.
Do you know how can i contact him.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT