• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

OMER google search

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Erik

Jan 21, 2001
When I search for OMER on google, or type www.spearfishing.com/omer into the address bar, I get sent to Roger Yazbecks Picasso store.
Anybody know what the hell's going on with that? I don't know enough about websites and search engines to understand why this happens. Is there nasty business afoot?
I can still find OMER America, but it takes some digging.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

FYI - I have taken over the web mastering duties for OMER here in the states - you can reach OMER's site at http://www.omerdiving.com - Roger is unwilling to redirect traffic to OMER's website that originated on the spearfishing.com domain - he has stated in no uncertain terms that he isn't going to redirect any traffic that comes to the spearfishing.com domain - so please get the word out regarding the new web address.

I can tell you that I have dealt with both parties and that Mark and Eddie Laboccetta are great to work with and are great people who stand behind their products.

Last edited:
Thanks Cliff. So does Roger own that domain? I remember that OMER and a spearo forum and I think Spearfishing Magazine all had links there?
Mark has done me some great deals and a few favours too.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Hey Cliff,

Love the redisign of the omer site, spankin!

Any chance your gonna add an online store?

My understanding is that Technosport (OMER USA) originally resided at the spearfishing.com/omer web address - without going into details, the original webmaster bailed when given a better offer by Picasso America - took the domain with him and left Mark high and dry.

Technosport had someone develop a stop gap site and then contacted me to redesign/adapt the OMER Corporate site to fit their needsbecause they felt they needed to improve their web presence.

They aren't adding any online shopping - they feel strongly in supporting their network of retailers.

Last edited:
Fair enough, how about some links to the folks who carry their stuff then?

We just went llive with the basic site this week and will be adding more content - I'll pass along to Mark the suggestion for a list of dealers on their site.

Thanks for the suggestion.

No problem, and the site really does look great. I ran accross it a couple weeks back when looking to replace a pair of tunas I had finally used up over a couple years of hard diving.

I agree that the new site looks awesome. Nice work!
Cheers,
Erik Y.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT