• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

OMER guns compatible with any EU shafts?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dodoeye

Nov 8, 2020
There seems to be very limited info on OMER website, and I am looking to get an OMER INVICTUS HF, but unsure if any EU shafts can be equipped? Anyone with any experience? Much appreciated.

There seems to be very limited info on OMER website, and I am looking to get an OMER INVICTUS HF, but unsure if any EU shafts can be equipped? Anyone with any experience? Much appreciated.

Omer guns have Euro trigger and use Euro shafts (with rounded notch different from the American square notch).

Reactions: Mr. X and Dodoeye
In other words, many/most other European spears should work with it. In theory at least, I haven't tried it. I suppose I could try swapping the spears in my Omer and Apnea spearguns. I think my old Rob Allen railgun also used European spears ( apparently the original RAs used handles with trigger mechs imported from Europe, possibly Picasso).

Reactions: Dodoeye
In other words, many/most other European spears should work with it. In theory at least, I haven't tried it. I suppose I could try swapping the spears in my Omer and Apnea spearguns. I think my old Rob Allen railgun also used European spears ( apparently the original RAs used handles with trigger mechs imported from Europe, possibly Picasso).

I have several Omer guns and have used Mares, Salvmar, Cressi and something else spear shafts and they all work just fine. I have sold Omer spear shafts to friends who owned different brand guns (Euro trigger) and there were no issues at all. They are all compatible as long as the shaft and trigger are the "Euro" type.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dodoeye
I have several Omer guns and have used Mares, Salvmar, Cressi and something else spear shafts and they all work just fine. I have sold Omer spear shafts to friends who owned different brand guns (Euro trigger) and there were no issues at all. They are all compatible as long as the shaft and trigger are the "Euro" type.
Thanks Diving Nomad, whats your personal favourite amongst Omer, Mares, Salvmar and Cressi, Curious to hear

Thanks Diving Nomad, whats your personal favourite amongst Omer, Mares, Salvmar and Cressi, Curious to hear

Guns or spear shafts? Not Mares anything :)

Omer has the new "Invictus" guns that are supposed to be great. I wouldn't buy any of their other guns, I'd only buy any of the three Invictus gun models. Probably SigalSub and Meandros are better than any of the above (I am talking about guns here not spearshafts). Meandros will be the most expensive however but is in a class by itself in terms of quality.

In regards to spear shafts, Omer is good and so are Salvimar and Cressi, Mares is rubbish.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT