• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer ice fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ruppst

Apr 8, 2003
Any advise on these fins and hunting? I like the crystal clear blade concept. Might help. What do you think?

I was discussing fins with my local Riffe dealer a couple of months ago, the Riffe Silent Hunters are O.ME.R Milleniums with Riffe and Silent Hunter stenciled on with red paint, and brought up that I like the looks of the clear blades on the Ice. He told me that O.ME.R had discontinued that model blade because of problems with the blades breaking. I have no reason to disbelieve him, but he's the only person I've heard this from. Has anybody else also heard this, or heard anything different?

not on the website

Slinger:

I think that your source may be correct. Omer's updated website (www.omersub.com) does not have a description of the ice fins. With the addition of their new BAT fins (coupled with the ice's breakage issues), the ices probably were considered obsolete. Too bad really. They were a very unique-looking piece of equipment. Maybe omer will figure out how to make clear, BAT fins :p.

I saw the Ice fins in a magazine around a year ago, rung up my local dive shop and they said the same thing - breaking blades. Since then, that's the same reply I've got frome very shop, allthough I did hear a rumour (unconfirmed) that the problem was fixed. Haven't seen any in store though since they took them off the shelves.

Hello

If you look at www.omerdiving.com you wil see that the millenium ice fins are for sale, I contacted omer and some other people whom have the new ice fins and they seem to work just fine.
They do not brake anymore and if they do you will get a new pair of fins.

So if you really want them then you can get them, but only the new model not the first model.

ciao

I saw Erez Beatus wear those fins.
they look pretty kewl, from distance it looked like he was finning empty foot pockets.
he also told me they were revised since the old ones tended to break.
I think that they are supposed to be a bit stiffer than the normal milleniums, maybe the same as the comps, but i'm not sure about it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT