• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Master team vs Cressi Apnea

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Louis Sudarso

Apr 21, 2016
Hi All,

Anyone has an experience with Omer Master team and Cressi Apnea wetsuit? Can you help me to share the review? I am about to buy one of those and get confuse of which one is better. I will wear it in tropical sea so I choose 3 mm wetsuit. I need a flexible one since I have a little big tummy (just a little bit) so I need something stretchable and flexible so I can take fully deep breath. Those are the wetsuits with price that I can afford it. Thank you.

Hi, I have a Cressi Apnea 7 mm, but no experience of omer suits, yet.

My criteria for selecting that suit was warm, durable and able to dress it when dry. I have used it for a year now and it has couple of nail marks inside, because of my first mistake, but it is quite easy to put on even when dry, without any lubrication. It has an inside called metallite and it is not as sticky as other open cell types. It's also very warm for my needs, there is no water inside except sweat if too hot. I dive year round, sometimes under the ice...

The flexibility of 7 mm and 3 mm would be probably different, so I could not speculate. For easy wearing I took a slightly larger dimensions in the size, but still the top is quite tight on the chest and arms. My legs are skinny so the pants go on almost as easily as slacks... Still dry though.

Reactions: Louis Sudarso
You may also be able to afford a MAKO 3 mm suit. We use Yamamoto neoprene and feel it is the best material available.

Our prices are very low because MAKO sells DIRECT.. No middleman to mark up the price..

http://www.makospearguns.com/Yamamoto-Reef-Camo-2-Piece-Open-Cell-Wetsuit-p/m2yrc.htm

M2YRC-2T.jpg

My criteria for selecting that suit was warm, durable and able to dress it when dry. I have used it for a year now and it has couple of nail marks inside, because of my first mistake, but it is quite easy to put on even when dry, without any lubrication. It has an inside called metallite and it is not as sticky as other open cell types. It's also very warm for my needs, there is no water inside except sweat if too hot. I dive year round, sometimes under the ice...

The flexibility of 7 mm and 3 mm would be probably different, so I could not speculate. For easy wearing I took a slightly larger dimensions in the size, but still the top is quite tight on the chest and arms. My legs are skinny so the pants go on almost as easily as slacks... Still dry though.

No need lubricant? Very useful information. Thank you.

You may also be able to afford a MAKO 3 mm suit. We use Yamamoto neoprene and feel it is the best material available.

Our prices are very low because MAKO sells DIRECT.. No middleman to mark up the price..

http://www.makospearguns.com/Yamamoto-Reef-Camo-2-Piece-Open-Cell-Wetsuit-p/m2yrc.htm

M2YRC-2T.jpg

Yes...I know Mako and I like it. If I can choose I will choose Yamamoto suit either Mako or Elios but unfortunately we don't have those stores in my country and the delivery cost makes the price higher. So sad.

I can't say anything about the Omer Master Team but I bought the Cressi Apnea 3,5mm suit in January from Scubastore and used it in the Red Sea for two weeks in Feb. It was on offer for 109 Euros. Great price.
It's very stretchy and comfortable. I'm 180 Cm and weigh around 86Kg (with a bit of tummy). I ordered the XL thinking, if it's too big I'll exchange it for L, but it fits like a glove. My freedive instructor tried it on because he was looking for a new suit. He's 1,92 and weighs 95 Kg. It also fit him but the legs and arms were just a tad short, which some people like. I like it to fit all the way to the ankles and the wrists.
It has an open cell "metalite" coating inside, which supposedly helps putting it on, but if it's warm and you're sweating a bit it doesn't really make much difference to a normal open cell. I sprayed a bit of organic conditioner water mix into it and it just slipped on easily.
The quality is very good.
I spent hours in the water which was around 22/23c. No problems. A decent suit.

I can't say anything about the Omer Master Team but I bought the Cressi Apnea 3,5mm suit in January from Scubastore and used it in the Red Sea for two weeks in Feb. It was on offer for 109 Euros. Great price.
It's very stretchy and comfortable. I'm 180 Cm and weigh around 86Kg (with a bit of tummy). I ordered the XL thinking, if it's too big I'll exchange it for L, but it fits like a glove. My freedive instructor tried it on because he was looking for a new suit. He's 1,92 and weighs 95 Kg. It also fit him but the legs and arms were just a tad short, which some people like. I like it to fit all the way to the ankles and the wrists.
It has an open cell "metalite" coating inside, which supposedly helps putting it on, but if it's warm and you're sweating a bit it doesn't really make much difference to a normal open cell. I sprayed a bit of organic conditioner water mix into it and it just slipped on easily.
The quality is very good.
I spent hours in the water which was around 22/23c. No problems. A decent suit.

Such a very detail information. Thank you very much.

Hi all,

Thank you so much for all your advise. However since there are many reviews for Cressi Apnea and none for Omer Master team I decide to be the first person to review it. So I bought the Omer just to get the information that might be useful for us. I will let you know the result. But for now, I can only tell that to wear it still need a lubricant (obviously) and quite flexible. My size is about (aprox):
Weight: 60
Height : 165
Chest : 91
Waist : 91
Hip: 84

I bought the XS size :p and it is fit. Quite flexible. Still can do a full deep breath. A bit tight in my armpit but I guess it will get more flexible after it gets to the water. The design is cool. The minus point only it use Velcro rather than buttons. I haven't know whether this can be a minus or positive point yet. Will update it again.

Hi all,

Thank you so much for all your advise. However since there are many reviews for Cressi Apnea and none for Omer Master team I decide to be the first person to review it. So I bought the Omer just to get the information that might be useful for us. I will let you know the result. But for now, I can only tell that to wear it still need a lubricant (obviously) and quite flexible. My size is about (aprox):
Weight: 60
Height : 165
Chest : 91
Waist : 91
Hip: 84

I bought the XS size :p and it is fit. Quite flexible. Still can do a full deep breath. A bit tight in my armpit but I guess it will get more flexible after it gets to the water. The design is cool. The minus point only it use Velcro rather than buttons. I haven't know whether this can be a minus or positive point yet. Will update it again.

Hi,
I know its an old thread :happy: but I'm thinking to buy between Omer Master team wetsuit or Omer Gold Black could you update the wetsuit in terms of comfort/stretchiness or post some pictures of it? Really appreciate :)

I have a 5mm Cressi Apnea I bought like new for a very good price. I'd not be able to wear it dry, I need to use soapy water. I got a size L aka size 4 and i am 183cm / 6ft tall, 80 kg / 176 lbs and my jeans waist size is 32 and T shirts M. it is very buoyant. I also ordered a Mako 3mm open cell as it is camo and more flexible (i have not tried it in the ocean, only inside out, but the hood of the Mako feels a little too tight compared to the Cressi, but I will update when I try it in salt water). If you have to dive in warm waters why not a closed cell that needs no lubrication to put on, and you can wear it more quickly? Also it could be more durable and resistant to nicks and scratches inside. Mako has a 2mm reversible camo suit and there is a 2.5mm Cressi Maya jumpsuit that looks nice.

Hey all, picking up this thread. I want to pull the trigger on a Cressi Apnea 2018 but I'm struggling with the sizing. I'm a L everywhere except the chest, there I'm an XL. I bought a 2mm spring suit a little while ago and that's equivalent in dimensions to the XL Cressi. It's a tad loose around the middle but great on the chest and legs. So my question is how tight are the two piece suits, especially an open cell. When I tried a smaller spring suit that fitted my legs and middle I couldn't zip it up past my mid back.

If you see my reply above you see my measurements. It felt tight at the beginning, but it loosened up. Last time I used it on Dec 1st I had forgotten the soapy water and I managed to wear it just by soaking it in the ocean for a moment. if you are bigget than me maybe you should get an XL>

Reactions: daforg
If you see my reply above you see my measurements. It felt tight at the beginning, but it loosened up. Last time I used it on Dec 1st I had forgotten the soapy water and I managed to wear it just by soaking it in the ocean for a moment. if you are bigget than me maybe you should get an XL>

I'm pretty much the same size as you except I wear a size L shirt. The sizes quoted in Cressi's 2018 catalogue for the L/4/52 work for me except the chest measurement is too small - 94-99cm and my measurement is 106.

I'm pretty much the same size as you except I wear a size L shirt. The sizes quoted in Cressi's 2018 catalogue for the L/4/52 work for me except the chest measurement is too small - 94-99cm and my measurement is 106.
I wear t shirts size M in the USA. I also have a mako 3mm suit that is about 0.5 cm on each side larger than the cressi apnea. If you wear L shirts I'd go for the XL. Some companies like seac, salvimar seem to sell sometimes tops and bottoms separately. I bought in the past from subprof and it takes 4 or 6 weeks but all was great. Better selection. The mako wetsuit I have is L as well. All my casual clothes are M.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

daforg - I bought a 3.5mm Cressi Apnea a few weeks ago. I am 193cm, 172lbs. 32" waist, 43" chest, 16" neck. I bought a large and found it snug when new but fine. It's much more pliable than the equivalent 5mm version, so the sizing is more forgiving. Doesn't go all the way to the ankles, but I'm going to be wearing neoprene socks most of the time anyway. Wrist length was fine. My only issue was the neck, which is a bit larger than my neck size. I also tried on an XL in store, which I thought was way too baggy for my frame.

I like the open cell - it's warm for the thickness, obviously. The 5mm was a b*tch to put on (tried it on in the store), but the 3.5mm, with its extra flex was fine.

Overall, I'm happy. It's a good beginner's suit (which I am) Although I would say that I might be inclined to get a smoothskin outer as well as open cell if things get serious...

daforg - I bought a 3.5mm Cressi Apnea a few weeks ago. I am 193cm, 172lbs. 32" waist, 43" chest, 16" neck. I bought a large and found it snug when new but fine. It's much more pliable than the equivalent 5mm version, so the sizing is more forgiving. Doesn't go all the way to the ankles, but I'm going to be wearing neoprene socks most of the time anyway. Wrist length was fine. My only issue was the neck, which is a bit larger than my neck size. I also tried on an XL in store, which I thought was way too baggy for my frame.

I like the open cell - it's warm for the thickness, obviously. The 5mm was a b*tch to put on (tried it on in the store), but the 3.5mm, with its extra flex was fine.

Overall, I'm happy. It's a good beginner's suit (which I am) Although I would say that I might be inclined to get a smoothskin outer as well as open cell if things get serious...

Thanks @Jamie Bell I ended up ordering an Epsealon Shadow 3mm open cell based on the measurements. Its turned out great from what I can tell as a novice, the jacket has a nice taper and the arms and legs are long (perhaps slightly long for me). The neck is pretty big, but not intrusively so. Overall I'm very pleased with the suit.

Hey all, I just got Cressi Apnea 2018 5mm wetsuit. Its L size (I'm 175, 83 kg) and it fits me great, still can take full breath. I suppose it will expand a bit over time and get even more comfortable.

Hey guys , i'm about to order Cressi Apnea 2018 3.5mm . I'm ordering online from scubastore and i have a sizing issue . My height is 171Cm , weight 70Kg , chest 95Cm , waist 82Cm , Hip 95Cm . My height and weight fall in the medium size but my chest , waist and hip fall in the large size . This is my first freediving wetsuit and i won't be able to return after ordering because i'm having the wetsuit shipped to EU and a friend will bring it to me in Egypt .( i'm doing so to save the shipping and customs fees which are double the price of the wetsuit )
I need some advice to decide which size to go for .
Thanks in advance
Screenshot_20181130-140208_WPS Office.jpg

hi,
just for advice, I would choose the size based on weight and height - M for you. In your case I think 3,5 mm suit will stretch on the hips and chest and not be a problem. 7mm suit could be a different case.

I have a cressi apnea suit for myself and a couple friends since a couple years, and the size chart seems to work. Omer size chart was too small for me, just for info.

Reactions: Ahmed Youssef
hi,
just for advice, I would choose the size based on weight and height - M for you. In your case I think 3,5 mm suit will stretch on the hips and chest and not be a problem. 7mm suit could be a different case.

I have a cressi apnea suit for myself and a couple friends since a couple years, and the size chart seems to work. Omer size chart was too small for me, just for info.
Thanks for the advice

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT