• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Mimetic Line

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Is the Omer Mimetic Line overkill?

• YES

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • NO

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters
Hiya

Thanx guys!!!! Looks weird :D :D , but i like!!!! I thinks its called omer mutant :D :D :D Wicked name!!! Picture is a bit small to see the exact pattern. Looks like it'll work well in green weed areas.

Still prefer my Ocean Mimetic :D :D

Regards
miles

that seems like a cool pattern but we have to see it in action ;)

My favourite piece of this new line is the Alien Mask

It is probably the most comfortable mask i have tried. The green is sort of posidonia coloured and quite a lot lighter than most other makes camo.

We should see how this looks at depth where the colour is somewhat lost. Its a bit too light IMHO but hey, thats why i am not buying it.

The green power18 bands though, now that i will be buying for my totem.

Originally posted by shaneshac

The green power18 bands though, now that i will be buying for my totem.

Does omer sell bands as bulk rubber, without the threads?
Omer power 18 does provide quite a nice power. ;)

Tuomo

hey shane did you tried new alien mask? It advertised as volume of the abyss with much bigger field of vision. If thats the case i will glad to get one for this summer.;)

Yes i did try the mask on.

Not sure th exact internal volume but it is quite reduced.

The field of vision is also a lot greater than the abyss

the Alien and the T-20 green machines

I thought you guys would like to see a couple high resolution pictures of some of this new stuff.

Personally speaking I used the Carbon Mimetic T-20 100cm in a competition in Florida last weekend and was surprised how fast I got used to the open muzzle, I could not point out any immediate advantages or disadvantages over the closed muzzle except for the fact that it looks a lot cooler and you can use sharkfin shafts with it no problem without the possibility of hitting the top of the closed muzzle.

As for the mask I'm really impressed with it and have been using it for the last month and a have to say, I think the boys in Italy have developed a wonderful product:

T-20 Mimetic

I have big hands so I switched the standard T-20 grip to the bigger optional Right handed only ergonomic grip now made for the T-20's.

This is a feature I like a lot for the simple fact that my hand grips the gun with a much better feel and more control while swinging and aiming. This I presume on a long gun like a 130 will also improve aiming and maneuverability. You simply knock the black pin out of the handle and install the aftermarket T-20 grip which is only avaialble for Right handers for now and then reinstall the pin. Of course I couldn't resist installing the camouflage anodized version of the aluminum 50 reel for the tournament last weekend and I noticed that doing aspetto you didn't even have to shoot, as the fish wouldn't see you and accidently would swim into and impale themselves onto the spear while you laid still on the bottom near them :duh eh eh eh.

Attachments

• t20mimetic.jpg
    t20mimetic.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 330
more MIMETIC

I was afraid of posting this one in fear of getting made fun of...:D
but if you saw my house you guys would understand, the mail man sometimes hits his head by accident trying to find the mailbox.

This was done by our Master speargun paint artist for a present to a friend:

Attachments

• mvc-003f.jpg
    mvc-003f.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 341
hi mark

how depth you tested this mask? Is it gives trouble as you go deeper? like the one i use now, when i go deeper than 16 meter it start to pop my eyes if i don't push air inside with my nose. Until 15 meter the air left from my ear equalization is enough to eaqualize the mask also but when going deeper it feels like more air is needed to equalize mask. May its just a feel coz of the excess presure in deeper. Did you notice that in alien mask?

By the way if you are not too busy, can you send me the prices of kevlar lines for enough to fill the OMER 30 reel (2mm stuff or something like that) and price of the this alien mask? Plus shipping of course. PLEASE:D

***E-mail adress in the profile

Hey guys,

Although mark and i generally do not share the same views i must agree with him hands down. The Alien mask is one serious piece of kit. All it needs now is the tinted lenses as found in the Aries45

How does the gun fire without a rail Mark?

Guns and masks

Although mark and i generally do not share the same views i must agree with him hands down.

If we all agreed all the time nothing would change.

The Alien was supposed to be called the Abyss 2000 but because of its looks it was given a more apropriate name:) I think when people start using them here in the USA they will really like them too.

For the Mimetic gun Shane, you know it's funny you asked that. I asked them when they started developing the gun why they weren't planning on putting a rail on the barrel since the bands . They gave a prototype to a few professional divers to test, I also got to try one, and no one noticed any difference in accuracy or performance compared to the same gun with a rail. I also stuck a rail on there to try and if there is any difference it's the noise created by the shaft rubbing on the rail.

It's clear to me that if someone wants to install a rail this gun is easy to do since the height of where the rests in the muzzle and where it rests in the handle will be about pretty much the same height as an aftermarket black plastic ABS rail.

I'll send a picture to make things clearer, but as I said before performance wise it makes NO difference,

Mark
ps-here's a nice lobster I got a few weeks ago...

rail/track on the Mimetic

Why would you want to do this to your pretty new gun i:naughty t really isn't needed unless you're using two bands on a 130cm or equivalent gun.

Attachments

• mvc-005s.jpg
    mvc-005s.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 283
I like camo stuff, so I really like your new line. Keep it up!
Also, amazing lobster.

Good Hunting,
Justin

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT