• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Mimetic Line

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Is the Omer Mimetic Line overkill?

• YES

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • NO

Votes: 29 76.3%

• Total voters
Hey Mark,

Do you know if the Alien Mask will come with the tinted lenses as the current Aries 45

Thanks

Masks

Shane,

I don't think so-I think if people want the amber/mirror lens combination the Aries 45 is the choice.

The Alien is unique because of the green mask skirt and the camouflage frame. Most people prefer clear lens masks because they don't ever scratch nor the need for exta care.

Ciao, Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the info.

Va bene tutto?

ho inviato un messagio privato sul aste Technosport. Ha recivuto il messagio?

Grazzie

Shane

messaggio

No Shaca, non l'ho' visto, vado adesso a controllare i messaggi privati e ti rispondo subito, ciao,

Mark:)

Grazzie

Hey my italian is coming along great.

Must be al those spearing movies i watch.

Forza italia

Hi mark,
I really loved the ergonomic handle for the T20, do you know if there is also an ergonomic handle for excalibur series?

MMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMmmmmmmmm MEMITIC!

Seems to work for me - 3 of the 9 I took that day - Monsters for this area and very shy.

Last edited:
Haha, nice fish! They look like oversived retarded Rougets (small french fish that is orangy but goes red after killing them, THEY ARE SO GOOOOD TO EAT!).... Keep up the good work!!

Allison,
I tend to agree with the article's analysis. I believe that camo might be of some help to a motionless diver in the kelp or lying on a reef. That's about it. Looking at nature, the sea lion has no particular camoflage. The orca has 'dazzle' camo which breaks up the outline. This is only helpful in very low vis or at great distance. Overall, I doubt that a diver in motion will be assisted by camo. However, admittedly, I have no personal experience with camo. Some of my freediving buddies camo their guns but I really don't know if this is effective. Generally, they spear plenty of fish with or without camoflaged guns. Personally, I believe that control of body motions, particularly the head and arms, is most important. For success with white sea bass and its cousin, the sea trout, suppression of bubbles from the snorkel, is crucial. Usually, this just means taking the snorkel out of the mouth before diving.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT