• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

OMER pelagic reel

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LaJollaFreedvr

Aug 10, 2002
just picked one of these up and it is SMOOTH!

mounted this bad boy on my sporasub viper 130 (which you may remember i picked up in december for $40 brand new!:D ) and ive got a complete WSB/yellowtail slaying machine - forget the riffe reel, this thing is all about quality and cheaper - NO PLASTIC PARTS at all and the drag is amazing...plus it looks dakine (gold anodized...) i strung 100 ft of tuna cord on it with 150 feet 75lb dacron backing on it - if youre getting a reel, i gotta give you a thumbs up on this one - pic coming soon

Can Omer reel be mounted on teak Riffe, side way mount flat type ? I saw the Omer reel being rounded barrel type of installation. Any ideas boys ?

Iya - pretty sure It has a "wood" mount. I think his royal Highness, the "Snow Princess" himself has one mounted on a Yakooji?

Andy?

Yeah, Sven has a pelagic mounted on his custom hybrid and I have the OMER 50 mounted on my Yokooji. Both are attatched to the wood stock.

Andy

I have the Aluminum 100 reel mounted on my KES 55" enclosed track with 130 feet of 600lb test spectra. Have it mounted straight up. To mount flat, I would of had to remove the line guide so the heads of screws could clear. Email me if you want pics.

Got it boys.......I saw it on the Omer website....thanks a lot people.

Ulua,
If ur AL 100 can fit only 130 feet of 600 lbs Spectra that means the capacity is small...yes ?

Mine can take 150 feet of 1000# Kevlar or 250 feet of 500# Kevlar. I am assuming Kevlar and Spectra have similiar diameter.

IYA

Iya,
The spectra line I have is a loose weave and on the thicker side, that's why only 130 ft fits. The spectra is grey and from Hanapa'a. I'm guessing the diameter is like 300-400 mono. I bet there are better lines for more capacity but I wanted to save some $$. For reef diving, I only need 130 ft., unless a 150lb yellow fin ahi decides to tempt me.

smooth is right!

Yep, the OMER Pelagic on a big gun if you use a reel on a big gun, is the ticket. I scored the Pelagic model but for a general reef gun, the 50 is dakine. I'm swapping mine out for the 50.

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT