• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Scorpion Pneumatic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Steve Anderson

Jul 8, 2017
I have an Omer Scorpion that’s about 25 years old. I would like to rebuild it but I have been told that Omer no longer makes o-ring kits for this gun. Do any of the other brand of pneumatic guns o-ring kits fit the Scorpion?

I have an Omer Scorpion that’s about 25 years old. I would like to rebuild it but I have been told that Omer no longer makes o-ring kits for this gun. Do any of the other brand of pneumatic guns o-ring kits fit the Scorpion?
The rear end of it is basically the Tempest that Omer made for years, so only the muzzle end could be a problem, however as the rings are small OD they should be replaceable from stock sizes. The body "O" rings on the tank rear you will get with a Tempest kit. Note that the latest Tempest out of China is a different gun and I know little about it. My guess it is a Hang Fung pneumatic rebadged for Omer when they handballed production to China. That ChInese gun is a copy of the Seac Sub original ASSO.
omer tempest comparison.jpg

Last edited:
People didn't like the Skorpion because it made the gun nose heavy when they removed so much of the tank. Another gun that took this idea to an extreme was the Seac Sub Shotgun which disappeared in a season.
omer tempest and skorpion.jpg
Seac Sub Shotgun.jpg

Last edited:
Thank You for a quick response about this. Over the past couple of years I have been working on rebuilding a few different brands of pneumatic guns. I was given a Omer tempest that was 20 years old and found that the Seac Asso kit worked in it. Wasn’t sure if it would also work on the Scorpion. Thanks again!
If you know of any place I can get the piston seals for a Nemrod that would be great. Thanks again!

Thank You for a quick response about this. Over the past couple of years I have been working on rebuilding a few different brands of pneumatic guns. I was given a Omer tempest that was 20 years old and found that the Seac Asso kit worked in it. Wasn’t sure if it would also work on the Scorpion. Thanks again!
If you know of any place I can get the piston seals for a Nemrod that would be great. Thanks again!
You could ask the guy who has a Nemrod museum website, Jimdo from memory. https://nemrod77.jimdofree.com/

It depends on which model, the Clipper guns seem to be the last produced as there were three versions, however even new old stock pistons may be unusable due to rubber aging. Protected in a gun some may still be OK if you can find one that is otherwise damaged. Oxygen damages the rubber.

Last edited:
As an aside some of the Mamba production models also used the Tempest handle and the Omer guns were sold in Eastern Europe for longer than elsewhere, so there would have been a demand for kits. The most difficult rings are ones made solely for the sub-contractor company building the guns and are not standard sizes.

A modern take on the Skorpion with less tank volume missing is the LG Sub spearguns, the Revolution and the Supreme, 12 mm and 14 mm inner barrels respectively.
LG Sub pneumo-vacuum spearguns.jpg

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT