• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Simbiox - BEWARE!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Darryll

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd share a very crappy experience with you in hope that noone else falls foul of these suits....

I have a omer Camu 3D suit which I am really happy with and have used for a few seasons....managed 30min in 4.5 degrees a couple weeks ago :O

After a lot of deliberation and researching suits, I decided to go for the Simbiox 7mm as I was so happy with my other Omer suit.

I heard the neoprene on these suits is delicate but Omer being a quality brand etc I thought as long as I treat it as well as I have my other suit, I should be ok...

I always put my suits on in the water/shower or use skin-glide...today was no exception...I coated myself in skin-glide and then hopped into the shower with the suit. Filled it with water etc and put it on...no big hassle...

This was the first time I was using the suit.... :(

Went out for a couple hours, came home and into the shower....filled the suit with water and felt right away it was going to be a bugger to get off...

Got my wife to help and we were sliding the suit off....THEN!!!! The suit ruptured on the seams and the rip spread deeper into the neoprene!!!!!

It started on the join to the loading pad! AAAAARHHHHH!!

Things then got worse....The same thing happened on the pants....high up on the waist where the camo meets the black....rupture and spreads....

On examining other parts of the suit I have discovered the neoprene is rupturing on the joins...

Seriously, this is major bad news... :head

I have been spearing for many years and have never had a suit rupture or tear...

I am so bummed...and this is just before I have planned a long-weekend of spearing....

I just pray that the shop I bought it from (over the Internet) will help me out.

Hope this helps someone out there and prevents them from the same misery...

sounds like a bad suit to me mate. ive got an omer camu 3d and will happily dive for 4 hours in 6 degrees C. i would hope the company would accept the suit back and replace free of charge, as i think it is a one off.

hope you get it sorted bud

I went out in my Omer Simbiox this past weekend and the smooth upper thigh front ripped completely through in an upside-down V pattern about 10 inches long, totally exposing my leg!!!. Luckily, I brought my 3 year old Riffe Cryptic Camo in the truck and simply changes into ol'dependable. The Riffe has some small tears on the inside after 3 years of 2-3 day a week diving, 12 months a year. All had been repaired and work fine. The Simbiox cannot be repaired in my opinon. Its all the way through and big. The top held up fine-just the pants. They also tore about 2 inches around the ankle seam, which I had repaired. This was the 1st time I use it, the 2nd being the large rip. I also own a Yazbeck 5mm for diving here in the Pacific NW in temps 44 F in the winter, up to 54 F in the summer. Never ever had a tear. A buddy also has one and it too has never torn. I am starting to wonder if the some of the pants material on the Simbiox are Chicle material. If so, I'll never buy anything made to it.

Reactions: Mr. X
Mine was the same...huge rip all the way through....:waterwork started on the loading pad seam and wall the way.
I was gutted....
I did however repair it fairly successfully...I found great video showing how to fix rips...this really helped me.

It does not leak on the seams but there is the "scar" from the join. :(

The material bonds very well with neoprene glue and will def not rip on the glued part. As a precaution, I applied glue to ALL the joins on the suit! Took me some time but worth it. I noticed several seams were "splitting"
so figured it was a better idea.

I had a smaller rip on the waist and after glueing tried to seperate the join...it held!

I always wet the suit inside before putting it on and then coat myself in skin-glide or a similar product...it goes on and off pretty well...except it is so so slippery that the pants start sliding down my waist....

I have been in contact with Omer and they were not willing to cover the product...but they did offer me a different suit (through a supplier) at a good price...

It just kills me though that I have spent the cash on the other suit.......

I suggest mailing them and also trying to fix the suit...

The Simbiox neoprene is supple, warm and dry but too delicate...

Hope these links help you and that you get some help with your suit...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdc2mm3-aII]Sporasub Muta J55 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bH6iP2zONo]How To Repair A Wetsuit - YouTube[/ame]

Reactions: Scoobaru
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT