• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

OMER Tempest 70 pneumatic speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gerd_kircher

Jan 4, 2002
hi,

I own a OMER Tempest 70 pneumatic speargun and I cannot get it to shoot accurately. Even over 3m (9ft) it is impossible for me to hit anything. The spear tilts and impacts nowhere near the target.

If you have experience with this type of speargun could you please help me.

Thanks
Gerd
kircher@powerup.com.au

I have a Cressi SL Star 55 (it was my first gun) and have used it successfully for about two and a bit years now.......

If you pump it RIGHT up it's like an underwater Desert Eagle! I have doubled the length of mono on it, and it shoots straight and true, and goes for miles.....

First thing to check (and it's obvious I know) but is your spear bent in any way at all.....

Second thing (and you've probably done this as well) is to set up an underwater target, (piece of weed or something) and to shoot it close range, then keep gradually moving away from it, and shooting it... and see where the gun starts to become innaccurate.....

let me know how you get on....(hope it helps)

Tempest 70 pneumatic speargun

Thanks,

I have just done that. Over the christmas break I have shoot at a plywood target in my backyard swimming pool. As far as I can figure out, the recoil knocks the spear our of alignment. I have tried to hold the gun with both hands with the elbows locked, but that did not help either.

Gerd
kircher@powerup.com.au

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT