• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer Wetsuit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Murat

Promethian
Jun 21, 2002
I am thinking to buy 5mm OMER Mimetic wetsuit. Any info about them??? Any good???

I also have size problem. I looked OMER's size chart but i am totally confused.

According to the table; I am 4 according to the height and weight. According to the chest i am 6. For waist i am 3:confused:

What should i do??? Where should i compromise?

Elios custom. Got the same problem having different body dimensions. Luckily I had the lower body slightly altered and the upper fit good. Next suit will definitely be an Elios custom.

Brad

We only have Omer suits here. But anyway thanks for advice...

Murat.... Elios is a Custom wetsuit manufacturer that deals via Internet. So they would deliver to you.

Yeah but i don't want to pay double of the price label. I better to stick to local.

which omer model are you planning to buy??

I'm also thinking about getting one

what price did they give to mimetic med? I got 275euro including vat.

hi

Murat maybe a 5mm will be a bit warm for your waters you said 27C right so what does it get down to in winter. I have a cressi 3.5mm and it is fairly hot when moving around even in cool winter water of 23C. Talk to a few locals and see what they are using.

With the sizing mine was a little confusing as well but I ended up just getting a size 3 which is perfect. I was size 4 in height I think and size 2 I think in weight.

cheers

Originally posted by ivan
hi

Murat maybe a 5mm will be a bit warm for your waters you said 27C right so what does it get down to in winter. I have a cressi 3.5mm and it is fairly hot when moving around even in cool winter water of 23C. Talk to a few locals and see what they are using.

With the sizing mine was a little confusing as well but I ended up just getting a size 3 which is perfect. I was size 4 in height I think and size 2 I think in weight.

cheers

Yeah but water getting colder lately, about 3 week ago i went spearing from shore. I started swimming from the shore but when i am 100-200 meter away and 8-10 meter of water it became freeze. So i haded back to shore and make surface hunt in 4-5 meter water about 3-4 hour. But i got the flu. I will ask them what are they using. I guess they are using 5mm, btw what you think about these suits???

I have several OMER suits and the sizing can be a bit tricky. I am 6' and 160lbs. My Mimetic ocean 5mm is a size #4. It has been a great suit, however, I should have gotten a size #3. I recently got a 3mm #3 and with a few modifications it works great. Being 6' I am a bit too tall for the #3, but I was able to move the crotch snaps forward to accomodate. This can be done in 5 minutes with a small screwdriver. The bottoms were convertted from Farmer john to a high waist pant with some careful trimming. There is a seam that runs along the chest so you can cut it just above that and never have to worry about them fraying. And the high waist is so much more comfortable. This is now the best fitting suit that I have owned. My advice is to go with the suit that fits your thickness rather than your height, as that can be adjusted for. You might want to inquire about getting a #4 bottom and a #5 top. Let me know what happens. As far as warmth and comfort the mimetic series is great. I wore the 5mm in 42F water for an hour and a half and was ok, i just wore a thin skin between the top and bottoms to keep any excess water out.

I hope this helps-
Matty

Reactions: Roan and Murat
Thanks Matty,

My weight and length holds for both 4 and 5. The problem is my chest is 6 and waist is 3. I am also worry about the arms I don't know if it fits too. New mimetics seems have tight arms.

Hi Murat

Maybe I'm going to be shot down in flames here, but with modern wetsuit technology, I do'nt think there are any more 'good' or 'bad' suits. I think all the suits are just as good as one another, when a company makes a breakthru in material or technology, and it works, it is only a matter of time before the research and development of opposition suits have copied and are doing the same.
I looked at Omer, Picasso, and all the open-cell suits avaliable, but at the end of the day, I was offered a great deal on a South African 'Rabitech' suit, so I got it.

Next to my mates picasso, no difference, the neoprene is as soft, it looks the same, it was custom, feels great, and I'm sure the Omer, Elios, etc etc will all be just as good.

It depends on whats avaliable to you, and at what price, but i really think that all modern suits are great.

My 2 cents worth.

Safe dives

Jeff

hi

Yeah I think most brand name open cell inside suits are worth it.

Murat when I got my cressi they never asked for chest or waist it was just my height and my weight. At first I had a size 2 which was fairly hard to get on but once it was on it was fine. But I went with a 3 which was much easier to put on.

cheers

congragulations.. I hope you'll get many big fish with it ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT