• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer wetsuits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ian coetzee

Jan 5, 2003
Just wanted to ask you guys where on the net, you can get the new omer suits, not the omersub site as this one seems not to have the suits.

Or has anyone got some contacts on where to get these suits cheap, I was told By my fellow SA divers that the Omer is better than the Bio Termic picasso suit as it does not perish so quickly in the sun, like to hear your guys views as going back to SA Soon to dive.

he said, she said...blah, blah, blah. You can't go wrong with either a Omer or a Picasso. In fact, on this side of the pond, Picasso is often said to be one step above an Omer...blah, blah, blah.:D

Seeing as though I just got a new suit this week let me give you my perspective. Anything made of Yamamato(sp?)45 neoprene is going to be dakine:cool: After searching the net for deals and a little soul searching to find out what I really need, I got a Picasso Apnos of the DB store for a little less than $170. Might not be the most glamorous suit, no camo, no space age lining, no rocket booster pack:hmm but I couldnt be happier. It is unbelieveably supple and IMHO is extremely high quality. It is an olive green color which happens to match my water anyway:p

The finalist in my suit hunt were Picasso camo, Omers ocean mimetic(the best deal I could garner was about $240 or so on both those) until Andrsn pointed out the Apnos to me. With the money I saved I bought new socks and gloves and still spent less!:thankyou

I love the suit, cant believe the price I got it for...its the exact same as the $260 camo w/o the sticker patches.

If you are sold on the Omer, the best deal on the net I am aware of is at www.piratescuba.com

:D Ian:

Look up Omer directly at their website:www.omerdiving.com-Click on the Omer logo and it will take you to all you freediving & spearfishing needs.

I researched all products related to freediving/spearfishing for at least 1 year before I purchased my stuff. The end result was that a considerable amount of enthusiasts and reputable companies highly recommended Omer products.

I have 2 suits--5mm Chino 45 (excellent):t and 5mm Professional:). Furthermore, all the rest of my equipment are Omer too with a 25% discount on every item!!! ( except my speargun--it's a Riffe):cool:

Contact them directly. They will perhaps work out a deal with you.

Good luck!

Diving the abyss.;)

-what he said

Just to put in a corrobarative note . . . I have a Picasso Apnos I got on close-out a couple of years ago from Roger Yazbeck . . . I love it and would not trade for another brand off the shelf (custom suits are another matter). Two dive buddies of mine bought Omers, even cheaper than I got mine, and they're happy. All of us tried traditional "scuba" wetsuits before trying a real freediving suit, and decided the extra $ was well worth it.

In other words, you won't go wrong with either Picasso or Omer, and I've heard good things about the Cressi apneist suit as well.

True!!
All freediving suits are manufactured differently from scuba suits. The extra cost $$ is well worth the investment because they are designed for the freediver/spearfisherman in mind.

Any reputable brand (Cressi, Picasso, Omer ) you buy will put you in the right frame for an underwater experience you will not forget.

Blue-greco

Hi Ian ,
If you are planning on buying a suit in SA you will probably find that the Cressi's are very competitively priced , as they have a factory in Cape Town . Also take a look at Coral wetsuits , although I don't think they use Yamamoto .

Hey chaps thanks for the replies, Abri decided to go for the picasso bio termic suit had enough of freezing my ass off, I have heard good things from my mates about this suit that it is very comfortable, expensive though but decided to spoil myself as the pound is pretty good to have at some times, will let you guys know how it feels.

Going back in 7 weeks to dive commercially in Durbs cant wait to get in the water again, when are you back in SA, Abri

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT