• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Omer's bulk rubber muzzle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hamrrhed

Blue Water Wanna Be
Mar 27, 2001
Something I found browing around, Very Cool!

Attachments

• t20mimetic06.jpg
    t20mimetic06.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 461
Very Cool muzzle indeed. Without a rail though im a bit sceptical on accuracy and how the shaft will stay still on the muzzle whilst tracking. Looks like smart marketing from Omer for the mimetically impressionable :D:D.

it will stay on the muzzle with the line that raps around the two hooks on the muzzxle and holds the shaft in place where can i get one of those

Be very careful with Omer products as they are not universal.

Only try it if you have an omer barrel or are good at DIY.

Also, Omer will be producing a stick on rail like the JBL ones shortly. That should be quite good.

If anyone gets it please let me know how it is attched to barrel. What inner diameter barrels will it fit?

Shane where can one get a JBL rail in Europe anyway?
Are you familiar with Practisub Rayo guns? I have a 100 that I want to fit with a rail and an open muzzle, do you think JBL is the way to go?

Whatever happened to those sliptips?

Baur

Hey Baur,

I just got a reply from Donati.

Here is the telephone number to call:0039 0185350405

If they cannot speak in English or any other language that you know I will call them for you.

I bought 2 rails from Hanapaa online in Hawaii. If the courier company had not screwed up the delivery it would have cost me a fortune in shipping.

THE practisub rayo would be good with rail and open muzzle. Is it carbon or alum barrel?

SDive are also making open muzzle guns like the Demka ones.

Shane

Many Thanks Shane

Ill hit them with English, German, Russian, and Greek and see what happens :D.
Im looking for an add on rail and JBL as you say is hard to get a hold of. Is it worth the effort though? I think the rail from a sporasub elite would fit perfectly on the rayo, dont know where to get one...
Its a carbon btw and thinking about using the demka als muzzle, or even the mutant 4 strand + 1 circular esclapez, with a 3 tab sharkfin.
Ill let you know if im unsuccessful in my communications with Devoto.

Ok Baur.

LEt me know how your Mongrel gun turns out. Where are you getting the sharkfin tab shafts?

How much do they cost and do they do them for 120 guns with screw tips?

http://www.omerdiving.com/catalog/shafts/index.htm

Ill be looking for something like the Omer 3-tab 7.1 mm (9/32") if I can find it from the Cyprus dealer of Omer.
Am also interested in the 8mm (5/16") threaded for the Devoto Sliptip (bring on the bluefin).
Otherwise ill try with the Riffe dealer in Cyprus who will have what im looking for..at slightly inflated prices (dont know exactly). Both Riffe sharkfins and new Omers come with optional threaded end (6mm end), and for the 120 you mention 150cm to 160cm shafts are available (60"-65").

Check out the mutant esclapez muzzle

http://www.scubaland.fr/voir_P628T309.html

Mongrel Rayo will be in the water by the 27th, full report will ensue...

Hey Baur,

That is one serious muzzle :D

If we can get those sharkfin shafts from Omer dealers in Europe we will be in business.

I am already itching to get out of the office as I will be spearing in AJ and Dentex territory again this afternoon ;)

Lets see how it goes today.

I whacked a 2.5 kilo Orata sat morning and missed a 5 kilo one in the distance.

Last night I shortened my Tahiti bands and will be using a double wrap of shooting line from now until end of summer.

5kg Aurata is a beast!! Hope you get another shot at a similar one today. Speaking of bands have you had a trial with the double 19's yet?

Btw Gibraltar waters must be blessed. Have to head out there at some point to see for myself.

Baur

No, I have not tested double 19's

I realised that I did not have enough rubber :( last night.

I will buy Power 18 bulk and try twin 18 first. I would rather get a thicher shaft first as well.

i do not think this muzzle is made for a circular sling attachment, isn`t this just to hold line???

ps: i meant the scubaland one

Originally posted by Baur
http://www.omerdiving.com/catalog/shafts/index.htm

Ill be looking for something like the Omer 3-tab 7.1 mm (9/32") if I can find it from the Cyprus dealer of Omer.
Am also interested in the 8mm (5/16") threaded for the Devoto Sliptip (bring on the bluefin).
Otherwise ill try with the Riffe dealer in Cyprus who will have what im looking for..at slightly inflated prices (dont know exactly). Both Riffe sharkfins and new Omers come with optional threaded end (6mm end), and for the 120 you mention 150cm to 160cm shafts are available (60"-65").

Check out the mutant esclapez muzzle

http://www.scubaland.fr/voir_P628T309.html

Mongrel Rayo will be in the water by the 27th, full report will ensue...

I think those sharkfin (with european style butt:eek:) are specific to technosport and nothing to do with OMER itself... And you can not find any of those shafts in either North Cyprus or South Cyprus OMER dealer. You can find Riffe EURO shaft (may be) at the South Nicosia in Riffe dealer, Slightly expensive??? Probably :D

By the way do you know any good spot in South of Cyprus? Or even in North? I know its a shame for me to ask such a question:eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey there Murat

About the shafts, we will see. Good thing about Cyprus is that it is small so you can drive around and see all the dealers in one afternoon. If the Omer dealer does not keep them in stock, he'll probably want to order them from technosport on my behalf (for something xtra ofcourse ;) ).

Finding good spots in the southern shoreline of Cyprus is difficult. Especially now in the summer when there are glass bottom boats all around the place and jetskiers slaloming around your float.

Here are some areas close to you where doing some aspettos you can catch sargos, nice AJ, baraccuda, and the occasional grouper and dentex.

Attachments

• cyprus_map_15.jpg
    cyprus_map_15.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
i never dove in south. May be we can try that later together...Did you ever see/dive in the north. We have much much bigger shore line but mostly areas are sandy beaches couldn't find any dropp off or something like that here yet.But we don't have many boats, jet-ski or so here.So its a bit safer. Only thing is that you have to had a boat to search such a bib coast line.

So far i tried Salamis and upper coat line up to "bogaz" but nothing too much...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT