Tuesday, August 14, 2018
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 40,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 496,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,300+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

One brand to rule the all...

Mar 11, 2017
Denmark
Ahoy my international spearo friends,

I'm looking for the close to perfect speargun/speargun brand. That's a tough one I know, but the plan is to find the most ideal speargun to suit my needs, and to have the same gun in different lengths. I'm from Denmark and we do a lot of shallow water hunting, but I'd like to be able to use the gun when traveling. Right now I have a Omer Cayman 2000 90cm, not impressed with the quality, and a Pathos laser open 75, which is ofc great quality and fantastic to dive with when I'm not wearing gloves, but that damn d'angelo II handle... Not only is the trigger to far from the handle, even with the winter-/universalgrip, but the trigger guard is to small when wearing 5mm gloves, which is often needed in scandinavian waters. I've heard that some people prefer the d'angelo I, but I don't know whether the trigger guard is bigger. Maybe some of the cold water freaks can provide me with some info on that?

I've also considered the Rob Allen spearguns. Sturdy and reliable is what I hear. But also a bit nose heavy. What are your experience with using the south african canon in shallow waters?

hteas

Mar 9, 2005
Anchorage, AK
I've been using Rob Allen guns since 2000. They are really tough, accurate, and somewhat nose heavy. It has never stopped me from getting fish, shallow or deep.

Aug 14, 2018
Turkey
I recommend The brand: BLEU Carbon Raptor (Greece)
I think it will be your life time speargun because of its pin point accuracy from 5-6 meters, low recoil, very good maneuvre and buoyancy features.

Safe and good hunts :)