• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

One brand to rule the all...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pallen

Mar 11, 2017
Ahoy my international spearo friends,

I'm looking for the close to perfect speargun/speargun brand. That's a tough one I know, but the plan is to find the most ideal speargun to suit my needs, and to have the same gun in different lengths. I'm from Denmark and we do a lot of shallow water hunting, but I'd like to be able to use the gun when traveling. Right now I have a Omer Cayman 2000 90cm, not impressed with the quality, and a Pathos laser open 75, which is ofc great quality and fantastic to dive with when I'm not wearing gloves, but that damn d'angelo II handle... Not only is the trigger to far from the handle, even with the winter-/universalgrip, but the trigger guard is to small when wearing 5mm gloves, which is often needed in scandinavian waters. I've heard that some people prefer the d'angelo I, but I don't know whether the trigger guard is bigger. Maybe some of the cold water freaks can provide me with some info on that?

I've also considered the Rob Allen spearguns. Sturdy and reliable is what I hear. But also a bit nose heavy. What are your experience with using the south african canon in shallow waters?

I've been using Rob Allen guns since 2000. They are really tough, accurate, and somewhat nose heavy. It has never stopped me from getting fish, shallow or deep.

Can sb tell me what is difference between mares sniper alpha,sniper and sniper pro??

I recommend The brand: BLEU Carbon Raptor (Greece)
I think it will be your life time speargun because of its pin point accuracy from 5-6 meters, low recoil, very good maneuvre and buoyancy features.

Safe and good hunts :)

Reactions: Mr. X
Palle, velkommen.

In bullet form since I am busy:
- Take a Dremel to that D'Angelo handle. Loads of folks have done that. Cut it down, and then consider making a customized handle. Or get d'Angelo 1 handles (guns) as their trigger is smoother and the trigger distance much, much shorter.
- Get rid of the Pathos rubber and get some small ID from Primeline. Less recoil, more band length pull, more power and precision.
- RA guns are sturdy and have a huge following. Some of the best spearos in the world use and swear by them and they have probably caught more fish than pretty much any other gun around. But honestly, they are old tech, which is fine. But a properly tuned Pathos in the same length should outshoot it as the Pathos has a much higher handle which helps tame recoil and more band length on account of the reverse trigger.
- If you like rigorous testing and as close to a scientific approach to speargun tuning as you can find, then spend some hours on Majd's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/majdq8/search?query=roll.

The latter half of this video might actually convince you that you don't need a much longer gun - disregard the roller title of the video:

Last edited:
Hi,
I just want ask sth?
I buy new spear gun and its hard to stretched it.
Can sb tell me how i can make that rubber become softer?
Please answer!
Have a nice day

Hi,
I just want ask sth?
Please answer!
Have a nice day

- The rubbers will stretch a little and becomes easier to load after a few hours. You could consider prestretching them but that involves loading the gun on land which we tell very beginner not to.
- Your technique will become better making loading easier
- If you have a dyneema wishbone (not a metal one) then you can just tie a longer wishbone
- If none of the above helps, then you might need longer rubbers

BTW, I still think you should start your own thread. You have some very specific questions which may or may not side track the other threads you post in. And since you are beginner - like we all were at some point - more and more issues will come up. Just start your own thread(s). Or post in existing threads that are actually about the subject you are facing (in this instance about bands).

Last edited:
- The rubbers will stretch a little and becomes easier to load after a few hours. You could consider prestretching them but that involves loading the gun on land which we tell very beginner not to.
- Your technique will become better making loading easier
- If you have a dyneema wishbone (not a metal one) then you can just tie a longer wishbone
- If none of the above helps, then you might need longer rubbers

BTW, I still think you should start your own thread. You have some very specific questions which may or may not side track the other threads you post in. And since you are beginner - like we all were at some point - more and more issues will come up. Just start your own thread(s). Or post in existing threads that are actually about the subject you are facing (in this instance about bands).
Thanks
Have a nice day bro!!

This usually works. ;)

2dc2278ae38e235f2dfba092f805d87f.jpg

Otherwise you can try switching to 14mm small ID rubbers which are easier to load. :)

Hi again
I have some questions about bands.
I have omer cayman G.I 90cm with one band 16.5 mm and I want to put another one band, but I don't know what band to put.
Can sb help me choose band??
Pls answer!!

Hi again
I have some questions about bands.
I have omer cayman G.I 90cm with one band 16.5 mm and I want to put another one band, but I don't know what band to put.
Can sb help me choose band??
Pls answer!!

Again, could you please do us all a favor and start you own thread? It's pretty bad forum behavior to constantly just ask off-topic questions in other people's quite specific threads. I know you are new here, but it would be really cool, if you actually listened to a simple plea like this. We have indulged you so far, but pleeeeease start your own newbie thread and people will help you there.
Alternatively, you could start using the search function - a lot of the questions you have had, and will have in the coming months, have been answered many times over. At least check first. And no, I am not against beginners asking questions, just regard this as well-meant guidance.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: SubSub and Mr. X
Can sb tell me what is difference between mares sniper alpha,sniper and sniper pro??
Mate stay away from those spearguns. I had mares sniper pro and it was terrible. Very low quality build, very inacurate gun.

Hi,
I just want ask sth?
Please answer!
Have a nice day
It is all about technique. Try to positions the gun but on your chest and then load the bands. What is the gun you are using?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT