• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Online shop not responding!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Britney Spearz

Feb 8, 2008
Hi,
So I've been trying to contact the tuttopescamare.com online shop via e-mail all this week and Thursday/Friday last week about making an order ,their free shipping offer at the moment and excluding the V.A.T tax seeing as I live in Australia but didn't even receive a response!(by the way I used the google online translator). Anyway so I grew impatient of my e-mails not being answered so I just made an order directly off their site with full V.A.T tax and shipping costs and made an instant payment with Paypal to the amount of 309 Euros! Still no response! I ordered Tuesday April 8th at around 11am Italy time and waited until 5pm Italy time and still nothing at all! I've ordered from tutto pesca before with no problems at all so I have no idea what's going on:head

Does anyone have any ideas, please help!

maybe worth giving them a call, chances are there will be an english speaker there, in all cases they should credit you back for the taxes at least..

"by the way I used the google online translator"
i think that that's worst then writing in english....
i'd go with Marwan and giving them a call... let us know how it goes since i have an prder to make to them.

Ps. the free shipping is only for Italy.

Reactions: Newbie_spearo
My suggestion is don't use the english/italian electronic translator any more. Of course it's not your fault, mate, but those translations generally come out ridiculous as can be and totally meaningless.
The guys at Tuttopesca probably thought they were being emailed by some psychopathic drunken lemur: "hey Mario, read this: wtf??!!". rofl

Anyway, since I'm here in Italy, if you want me to, I'll make them a phone call one hour from now and try to find out what happened to your order.
Can you send me a personal message with details? (what items you ordered exactly, did you pay how much and how, your name and email et cetera: I'll keep it private but I need to tell them exaclty what and whom I'm talking about, you know...)

Last edited:

exactly. i once received a portuguese email from a cousin that can only write in english... you should see my scaryed face reading thing about love and stuff...

Reactions: spaghetti
It looks like its just about sorted thanks to spaghetti for the great help, my friend might be getting an underwater video cam soon so the least I can do for you guys is film me in my ice fins with my Spark Mimetic 110 (a couple of the items I ordered) shooting some good fish!

Oh and I'm hopefully going to be learning Italian soon!:inlove

Reactions: Newbie_spearo
Well I don't know what's going on now but was refunded the full order amount by the shop with this message: Message from merchant:
Elimination payment for error on the calculation of transport expenses.
Eliminazione pagamento per errore sul calcolo delle spese di trasporto.
I then thought this was probably due to me wanting to include some extra items with my order and there was an error so I made one big order but was refunded again in full with the exact same message! Is anyone else experiencing this with tuttopescamare.com?

Edit: I just noticed on the tuttopesca website the shipping cost to Australia for my order will now be 350 euro what the!? Just to confirm I went to the website of the shipping option (fedex.com) and using a shipping rate estimation got around the same amount. I even tried shipping estimation from other different countries to each other with even U.S to Canada being over $130 for a 7kg package.

I hope this is just a momentary technical fault otherwise I will be majorly screwed as I am going on a spearfishing trip soon and need this stuff!

Last edited:
hmmm italians overcharging..funny, never heard of that happening before on a serious note, its not just the weight that can cost a lot its also the size of the shipment a 110 speargun and long blade fins is not a small package so can cost more

Yes but I seriously doubt it can be 350 euro. There must be some misunderstanding.
Britney, I'll call them today, but they respond phone calls from 4pm local time and now it's 1pm local time. Three thrilling hours to wait...

I even tested how much it would be to ship one small bottle of neoprene glue, 250 Euro!

I think this may not be a fault of tuttopescamare but rather the parcel carrier FedEx but it has been like this all week, even using the shipping estimator on the FedEx website, perhaps the biggest technical failure ever? I don't really see how the shipping costs would increase by 10x, let alone there not being a press release or anything.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…