• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Open Cell jacket over Closed cell long johns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Brochman

Jul 16, 2016
Hi everyone. I have the opportunity to buy an Open Cell jacket and was wondering if for any reason why it shouldn't be ok to go over Close cell long john's?

Thanks.

There is no problem with that at all, most open cell two piece spearfishing suits have a nylon outer for robustness, so it will just be like a regular spearfishing suit except that your bottoms would have a covering on the inside as well (y)

Thanks for the info Pinniped. I went ahead and bought the open cell jacket for £35 after trying it on its an Omer 6.5mm which is in good condition outside and inside so should serve me well in the cold waters close to Norway.

Thanks, just got a 7mm Pinnacle Polar M8 merino lined semi-dry suit (Retail price £479:95) for £75 off Fleabay and it came with Typhoon rock boots which were to big for me so i resold them for £30 as the usual price is £50 so at the end of the day I got the Pinnacle semi-dry for £45 couldn't believe my luck.

Reactions: Pinniped72
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT