• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Open Water Movie

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I just watched the trailer. I wonder if the guy started crying when that big clear jellfish approached, or later? rofl
I'm not sure if it wouldn't be a little boring watching two people floating in the sea for 2 hours...
If they were freedivers this wouldn't have happened! That's what you get for scubadiving ;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

The whole plot looks pretty corny, and the acting doesn't look up to par. I saw the trailer, and when the shark's circling them (hasn't this been done 100 times before?) and the dorsel fin thing is out of the water, they're sitting there "oh my god, i think it's a shark!".... them floating around for 2 hours doesn't seem very appealing to me. It should be made into a soap opera, not a box office flop.

It caused quite a stir in the diving industry as it was originally based on a true story about 2 dives stranded by a dive boat on the Great Barrier Reef. I believe the story has been transplanted to the Carribean.

We'll be doing a review of it in the near future so keep checking the main site!

I am excited it's a dive movie... just not the kind i was hoping for. I saw those freediving movies that are in progress, but i don't think those will be released in the US.

That movie was one of the supposed "highlights" of the Maui Film Festival, back in late June.

I got to see the movie in a great outdoor setting, with the producer and two main stars present.

Unfortunately I (along with most of my surf, dive, ocean swim friends) was disappointed.

Built on an interesting (and supposedly true) premise, it looked intially like it was gonna be really good. But unfortunately the script and directing didn't live up.

I don't want to go so far as to say: don't see it, but be forewarned; it is a scuba diving movie for the minimally experienced or non diving crowd.

I haven't had to sit through anything that badly written since I was in film school over ten years ago.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT