• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

openED muzzle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hey McGuyver.....please do keep us well posted on this.
Pros and cons and other observations badly wanted.

I have actually thought of this for a long time...

Cheers,
M

i don't think there will be a problem since this is a really simple design which many speargun nowadays uses. I will keep you posted, and also can prepare manual to do it if there is interest. I used some 10-15 years old tools to do it rofl ...I just come across the nail, hammer, pliers while looking for sticky tape and thought i will give it a try...

increased sight of aim, greatly reduced possiblity the line tangle on the way. and keep the shaft in place so you can shoot with better sucess in different shooting position like shooting up side down or shooting with drop method...

as a summary benefit is increasd hit ratio...

I like the idea, and might try convert one of my old guns for the hell of it. I can see very fast reloading as a benefit and probably the shooting line holds it nice and tight so it does not flop out of the muzzle guide at angles even up side down.

Line tangles ..? i have never had one except on reloading. It might be a bit quieter as the shaft has nothing to rattle out of on the way out. Did you lengthen your shooting line a bit so it can go over the shaft and around the pin or just pull a bit harder on the boingy ?

I like it Murat. Give us a better picture of your nail/pin please.

Skin.

skindiver,

sometimes at the moment of shooting the line gets blocked by the bridge of the muzzle and you couldn't hit the fish...This happens sometimes.

The pin was standart nail, i bent it, cut it and nailed it.. But it rusted after first dive, i should fine stain less steel one or change them in every few weeks... i liked the design so i will do that to my other wood gun as well..i will post few better pics in daylight (time my stupid digi cam intent to work better rofl )

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT