• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Opinions on Cressi Cherokee

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jun 3, 2021
Has anyone had any experience with the Cressi Cherokee Ocean? Saw it today at a store and going by the specs and price, it looks a good option, but paper and practice are very different...

Otherwise I'm looking towards a Meandros or MVD

The Cressi Comanche used to be a decent speargun. I've gone off Cressi spearguns since reading of their sharkfin spears fracturing, twice, and the US reseller not standing behind the product.

I liked the muzzle one of the Cressi Pacific models, good spec for what I like. I bought one of the muzzles in a closing down sale for possible future use. I opted for the slight more expensive magnetic variant - probably just a gimmick but for an extra pound or so, thought it might be worth a try.

Think I'd be inclined to get one of the others mentioned ;)

Reactions: CurrentlyFishing
The Cressi Comanche used to be a decent speargun. I've gone off Cressi spearguns since reading of their sharkfin spears fracturing, twice, and the US reseller not standing behind the product.

I liked the muzzle one of the Cressi Pacific models, good spec for what I like. I bought one of the muzzles in a closing down sale for possible future use. I opted for the slight more expensive magnetic variant - probably just a gimmick but for an extra pound or so, thought it might be worth a try.

Think I'd be inclined to get one of the others mentioned ;)
Yeah I'm looking at either those or a Pathos Saragos 90

Has anyone had any experience with the Cressi Cherokee Ocean? Saw it today at a store and going by the specs and price, it looks a good option, but paper and practice are very different...

Otherwise I'm looking towards a Meandros or MVD
Did you get any gun?
What are the prices to compare?

Cressi muzzle is very nice, handle is nice and suites for larger hand/longer fingers, trigger can be a bit hard if you put 2 rubbers I heard.

Mvd: maybe naked. Read their shafts are not good.

Meandros: can't find much experiance about them, but I want them!! Argo (Oval) tube or 28mm tube is also ok. With roller mech and right handle.

Did you get any gun?
What are the prices to compare?

Cressi muzzle is very nice, handle is nice and suites for larger hand/longer fingers, trigger can be a bit hard if you put 2 rubbers I heard.

Mvd: maybe naked. Read their shafts are not good.

Meandros: can't find much experiance about them, but I want them!! Argo (Oval) tube or 28mm tube is also ok. With roller mech and right handle.
I'm personally leaning more towards the MVD just because they have roller models and Meandros doesn't

I'm making some other purchases and so a roller is gonna have to wait. The MVD and Meandros are more or less at the same price, BUT after posting this, I found out about the Bucanero. It's also Greek and I know a few ppl that have had them and say they are very good, especially for their price. A 96cm, double band, "cuttle fish" barrel and reel goes for 150 euros (honestly I think It's a steal)

Attachments

• handle,reel.jpeg
    handle,reel.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 213
  • barrel.jpeg
    barrel.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 215
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT