• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Options for Mundial Elite

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
I have in my small, but effective arsenal a 48in Beauchat Mundial Elite (55in Shaft). I'm not sure what bands are powering this gun. they are black and betwee10in-11in long (depends how I measure them) and 1/2 - 9/16 wide. according to the Beauchat website these are the WRONG bands for this gun - not happy as they were on the weapon when it was bought. not the 9.75in X 3/4 bands that are supposed to be on the gun.

my question is this - this will be my primary Openwater weapon, with the exceptions of a reel & proper bands (already on the to do list) what else would you do to this gun? any other options I should be exploring? I need to buy another shaft, any suggestions?

I have used this gun for long range shots on smaller fish ( >15lbs), but I want to start tackling some bigger stuff.

Thanx - Willer

Try twin sixteen if your gun handle it.New 16mm OMER Bands that design for Alluminium will work fine i think.For shaft, give try to the Riffe Euroshaft.Don't advice a reel with euro gun coz its increase the drag while tracking.It will also decrease the range and the accuracy if you compare with no-reel gun.At least its like that on my gun.Beacuse the shaft is lighter and the reel provides extra resistance during the flying of the shaft.If you really want to use reel don't use thiner than 2mm line otherwise it will tangle quickly and will stuck in the reel after period of time.

did a little measuring - I have 16mm bands - going to hunt down some 20mm that were supposed to be on the gun.

Willer

Murat...

you really think the reel with slow my swing speed? even it's mounted directly infront of the trigger-gaurd? I would put the standard 3 wraps I use now before the reel.

makes for an interesting question on the accuracy.

Willer

My OMER Reel is connected exactly the front of the triger even that its effect.For range and accuracy; it really effect the accuracy and range (very slightly).But its notticiable with small euros.To free the line; reel must spin around, right? This cost some energy provided by shaft.
This is what i meant extra drag while shaft flying.You know less energy less range.Accuracy is not much effected at short ranges but in order protect flat trajectory your shaft shouldn't loose it's energy until the end of effective range.But with reel it will lose it's energy much quicker.I am using reel now coz of it's simplicity.The main problem that i encounter with reel is STUCK.It's stuck after certain amount of shoot coz the improper line rolling.I dunno may be its just coz of my reel or may be the line was very thin.I bought new thicker line this week and hope to solve this problem.If your reel likes my OMER Mullinelli reel you must keep it away from sand.Even the tiny particles flow throught, it will not operate.If your gun has line release mechanism forget about reel.

If this "tiny" euros will be your primary open water gun; at least put twin 16mm on it.

Tiny? It's 115cm with a 140cm shaft - didn't think that was "tiny'! I'm looking fo one set of 20mm bands for it.

if that's a "tiny" gun then I have been doing something wrong for a while...

Willer

Originally posted by Amphibious
I would put the standard 3 wraps I use now before the reel.

Originally posted by Murat
To free the line; reel must spin around, right? This cost some energy provided by shaft.

You guys are slightly misreading each other's posts ;)

Amphibious, why don't you just add another 16mm band instead of replacing the existing one with a 20?

Also, not sure if your Mundial is the same, but the reel that came with mine obstructs the line release. :( Have to either use the clips on the side :head which I really would prefer not to do.

Himmm....

115??? not tiny.didn't u said 55" shaft.I mixed it with OMER coz my 86 cm OMER has 51" shaft.Did you shortened your shaft? 55" shaft is using for 96 or 100 cm gun on every euro brand.At least Riffe indicate that 55" shaft for 100 cm gun.I think you really have some band and shaft problem as i know if your gun is 115cm (this reffers to 115 cm band strech) your shaft must be 160 cm.At least it's like this in OMER.It must be same for other brands.

where would I put the extra band? that big hole on the muzzle? looks like that might FUBAR accuracy. more drag too, but a possibility. I was going to use the clips on the side, but file off the "teeth" so the line releases better. haven't picked up a reel yet - looking into non-beachat alternatives - not sure if any other reels fit. there is the UM-1 , but I don't feel like paying $100us for a reel (yet). I'm thinking about swaping out the Aluminum barrel for a Carbon one. I don't know how the fittings on a UM reel will work on carbon. not sure I like the "compression" fit on fiber.

Um reel is the same as the OMER Pelagic - I think.

ok - measurements:

just the Alum tube is 99cm (39in).

from Muzzle tip to butt-pad is 122cm (48in)

shaft is 140cm (55in)

band strech from attachment point to shaft grove is 96cm (37 3/4in)

Beauchat website Ref. # 160213

I bought this gun a few years ago in a Small Shop in Saudi Arabia, so who know what it is. Damn fash and quite accurate.

Willer

Euro gun reel is generally mounted to the handle so its not releated with barrel.

Both the UM-1 and OMER Pelagic are made ofr Euro guns and are Barrel (tube) mounted.

Last edited:
ok - measurements:

shaft is 140cm (55in)

band strech from attachment point to shaft grove is 96cm (37 3/4in)

Willer

Your gun is 96cm not 115. Euro guns takes their name according to the band strecth.Eg: My gun is 86 cm coz it's bands can strech 86 cm.It is the distance from the band screws up the second notch.

Sorry man but 96 cm is quite small for open water.But if i wee you and want to modify my gun, i choose to put twin 16mm on it.But i don"t know if you gun's trigger mechanism can handle it.On the other hand you may not able to put twin 16mm if your muzzle designed for 20mm.Your muzzle must design for 16mm screw then you can mount the second 16mm to the big hole that you mentioned.You may wan to use some adaptors that switch 20mm to the 16mm but unfortunatelly i don't know much things about them.You may also want to use (1) 20mm and (1) 16mm but you must be sure about the strength of the trigger.In any case (1) 20mm and (1) 16mm will overload your shaft and gun.

Both the UM-1 and OMER Pelagic are made ofr Euro guns and are Barrel (tube) mounted.

Thesse reels are exception and they are very expensive.Pleagic reel is more than 120 bucks i think.

Last edited:
If I pick up the 45in Carbon tube from Beauchat I can get my "pull" length to 110cm. that should be adequet for most things - I hope - have taken Kings and BIG jack on this gun already, without a reel.

UM-1 from Bluewater Hunter is $100. seems to be the same reel.

Willer

The pelagic reel pic that you attach mounted on a gun that has carbon or ceramic barrel.Pelagic reel is also can mount to the teak spearguns with teak mount kit. So it should easily fit the carbon barrel.If you buy pelagic reel you may not have stuck problem.

BTW all the euro reels that i see except pelagic reel is mounted to the handle.

very true - I like this design as I could put 3 line wraps on so the shaft could travel unrestricted before the reel was engaged. looks pretty big though - but a rear weighted gun shouldn't be a problem.

Willer

very true - I like this design as I could put 3 line wraps on so the shaft could travel unrestricted before the reel was engaged. looks pretty big though - but a rear weighted gun shouldn't be a problem.

Willer

I agree with that design.

110 cm gun easily can handle from1-70 pound easily but be sure to use twin 16mm with 7mm shaft.The longer the gun the heavier shaft you get so your single 20mm power bands will not provide the enough energy to travell the shaft far enough.110 cm gun with 20mm bands is cost you lots of pain while loading, if you use most powerfull ones.But with twin sixteens you can divide the effort and increase the total energy of the shaft.

I am going to bed now it's 01.30 here and i have first day in school morning.

Goodnight all....

If I used a new muzzle- like the wong muzzle, below, i could use two bands more effectively. might just be cheaper to buy a new gun though. Shaft + Barrel + Muzzle + Reel + bands...

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT