• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ottawa, Canada

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
So I'm stuck is Ottawa for a while and can't seem to find any one to freedive with. any takers?

Willer
NAUI #37939

Stuck in Ottawa

Well, just so happens I'm stuck in Ottawa as well. I've been stuck for a number of years in fact :)

I don't know of any other Freedivers in Ottawa other than myself, and now you. Are you hearty enough to survive the 39.6 F waters? :)

Damn right! I've been diving here for over a year now, mostly scuba with the Wet Owls club, but email me and I'll give you my number, we should get in touch.

I know some good sites with WARM water not far from here...

Willer

cwiller@hotmail.com

well i dont live in ottawa but if any of you aare ever in waterloo/kitchener/around here send me an e-mail. the only freediving i have done is in a lake with 10ft vis. and friendly bass

These are obviously some old posts, but there's definitley a thriving freediving community in Ottawa now.

It's definitley worth a trip if you're ever in the area folks. In addition to the numerous lakes, rivers and cool quarry we've to dive in, there are regular Performance Freediving clinics and CAFA competitions.

The next competiton is June 18 to 20.

Jason

Thriving freediving community in Ottawa indeed! Friendly people and very good freedivers that I have met over here

Roberto

Cool! Anywhere or anyone in particular a newbie can go get some training that anyone can suggest? :confused: I'd love to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm hoping to stop by the competition when it's at the Sportsplex to see what goes on...

Thanks!

The Ottawa freedivers train at a local pool on Tuesday and Thursday nights between 8:30 and 11:00pm. We also dive on the weekends at least one day. Other training sessions are scheduled on the fly in the afternoons at different pools. More info is available upon request. Always looking for more divers, so let us know.

Matt Charlton

Originally posted by wetmatt
The Ottawa freedivers train at a local pool on Tuesday and Thursday nights between 8:30 and 11:00pm. We also dive on the weekends at least one day. Other training sessions are scheduled on the fly in the afternoons at different pools. More info is available upon request. Always looking for more divers, so let us know.

Matt Charlton

Thanks! I just emailed you with a few questions at whatever address you have registered here at the forum.

Cheers! :D

Thanks, Bolts,
Your reply is on the way.
any others interested in joining the brood here, just let us know!

Matt Charlton

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT