• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Oysters and vodka (hic)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

portinfer

Aquatic shopper...
Jul 3, 2003
ingredients :

oysters
Zubrowska Vodka (http://www.waitrose.com/food_drink/wfi/drinks/spiritsliqueursandcocktails/9910098.asp)

recipe :
- open the oysters by pushing a strong blunt knife into the pointy end and slowly prising off the top and throwing the top away

- cut them underneath to release the meat

- pour a shot of vodka (best if it has been in the freezer for a few hours)

- add a DROP of lemon juice to the oyster and eat it (I chew and then take a sip of vodka)

I have had oysters loads of times (local market price is about a dozen for four quid) but normally slash lemon juice on or other stuff like a spot of teriyaki. However I tried this the other day and the particular brand of vodka goes really well with the oysters. Other vodkas are too harsh maybe.

Anyway I was very impressed with the taste and thought I'd share this really easy recipe - in fact not sure it counts as a recipe ! But still worth trying if you can get nice fat fresh oysters...

Cheers
Ed

At this lattitud, you can do your oysters with frozen tequila (a real one, better with Cuervo Tradicional) and a drop of lemon juice.

Salud

TG is friday

Hey Carlos I have a recipe for tequila with mackerel too but have yet to find the pomegranite... (mackerel / tequila / fennel root / pomegranite etc)

Tres Generacciones is a very nice tequila - think that Sauza make it ... been a while since I could find any so have been buying Sauza silver - not too bad...

Hasta luego

Reactions: Pocoshower
Well Port, we have loads of troubles down here, getting ingredients together for many recipes so we developed a creative Baja cousine. That means. fish and shellfish cooked with any thing we have at hand. :cool:

Tonigth will be a bbq snaper ("a la talla"), with an achiote and chile huajillo paste.

I think I have everything to cook that pargo for dinner.

Salud

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT