• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pacific Cup Results and Aida Int'l

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nakamura

Nov 8, 2002
I went to Ibiza last year and the same happened with the results.

They put a kind of "rough" paper in a blackboard there and that's all.

And, look, it was the III Freediving World Championship. A contest bigger than Pacific Cup.

It's a shame, but perhaps Aida Int'l don't like to do the homework.

FYI,

The results will be posted soon on the AIDA USA web site. They tried to do the best they could, remember this was done entirely with volunteers. If you guys think you could do a better job, feel free to put on a "World Event".

Please be patient!

DSV

newspaper results

Please excuse my crude computer abilities. I cut this out of the newspaper
Aloha
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the newspaper clipping Bill! Was this a local paper?

And a belated CONGRATULATIONS to all the participants!

Rhonda

West Hawaii Today, the editor treats divers great.
Aloha
Bill

Thanks Bill for posting the results for the rest of us to see. Much appreciated.

pacific cup results

Thanks again Bill,
I really think you should take over the AIDA USA web site. At least we'll get the results in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe we'll even get the results of the tryouts before the next world competition.

ciao

Thanks Tom
My biggest problem with the Cup was I didn't get to dive with anybody except as safety. I don't think anyone even brought a gun. The boat didn't get wet until last Saturday. Maybe some divers won't be able to stay away and I can recify that.
miguelito
If you want trial results, please e=mail me.
kv6j@kona.net
Aloha
Bill

thanks tom for posting those results
I was there and that was the first time I had been able to see the dynamic results! so people who werent there cant really complain, it was hard enough to know what was going on when you were on site!!
Sam:t

Pacific Cup

Bill, I owe you lots of Mahalos (Hawaiian for Thank You).

Bill has been one heck of an athletic supporter! He stood in for Matt while Matt was in the Dominican Republic and even when he came back with a bad cold. Then he let us stay at his O'Hana (guest house) and was a dedicated safety diver throughout the week, then took some of us out pilot whale hunting and diving after the event. So you can take credit for some of the great dives I had!

Now, let's reset your tag, what 50, 55m?

Old people rule!

Annabel

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
Old Folks Rock..

Yes. I agree.

Bill, many thanks for all the help and support we received at the pool training. I would like to record my breathe - up and static counts in that smooth old voice. Its good for at least another minute in relaxation.

Also for the extraordinary and i mean extraordinary help, support and kindness of the King and First lady of hospitality, Matt and Annabel Briseno, as shown to the South - African Freediving team in Kona. You guys rock..:cool:

Mahalo.

Greg Lewis - Monto

aka Skindiver

Pacific Cup reporting

Hey all,

Due to the sheer volume of activity, results were very difficult to report on a timely basis, especially for those not directly involved with the judges committee.

As it was even we (coaches and captians) were all waiting late into the night just to get performance schedules for the next day.

That being said I must commend the staff and organizers who worked their asses off in spite of these delays and diffficulties. The bottom line is that Freediving is a grassroots sport. Each time an organization/Country takes on the massive task of putting on an event like this it is a learning experience.

First and foremost we are a community of like minded individuals that, through events like the Pacific Cup and forums like Deeper Blue, are able to learn from each other.

Lets follow Bill's lead and remember to celebrate the event as well as the results.

Perry Gladstone

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT