• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Palooza appropriate picnic food?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

maytag

SpinCycleSurvivor
Aug 20, 2006
What are good dishes to bring to a palooza picnic that would remain safe without refrigeration for, oh (3 hrs travel, 4 hrs palooza time =) about 6 hrs?

... and that would sate some hungry divers' appetites?

Apart from the usual munchies, I can't think of anything really substantial that wouldn't make everyone sick...

Any ideas, please? Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
icon10.gif

I'll probably be living on Mountain House freeze dried goodies.. but for a picnic? maybe carrots... any cured meats like ham, bacon, summer sausage, jerky I think would survive the trip..a cooler would help of course. Breads, bagels, peanut butter does well.. one option would be a run to town for some prepared food.. a party sub is sounding pretty good right now as a matter of fact. What about fruit.. bananas, apples, oranges, etc. would last for a day or something like special k bars or rice krispy bars (can't stand 'em myself, but I know some like 'em). Red Wine...
Fred

Reactions: maytag
Maybe Jon and I will bring some of these. Between the two of us, we snagged about 40 of them yesterday :p

fish001sized.jpg

fish002sized.jpg

I likes the fruits & veggies...should keep well in a cooler. Water Melon is always good.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT