• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Paradisia and other nose clips...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MBanks

Martin
Feb 7, 2006
Hi,
I was just hoping to get some opinions on the nose clips available for freediving. As far as I can find, on the internet, the Paradisia nose clip is the only freediving specific nose clip designed for hands free equalising....am I right?

Are there any other nose clips available that can be used for hands free equalisation? I have tried a variety of ones designed for swimming, which don't grip as much, but they dont work so well. I noticed in Pipin's book, The Dive, there are photos of him and Audrey wearing a different kind of nose clip...does anyone know what these ones are and where they are available from?

I have been considering buying a Paradisia for hands free equalisation. However, with a price tag of about £45, by the time I've found one and got it sent to the UK it's pretty expensive for a nose clip. Am I paying for the "brand" Paradisia or do users of the nose clip think it is worth every penny?

Basically, I would like to know more about this before I spend a lot of money on a Paradisa, and money doesn't come quickly or easily to me.
I hope someone can help,
Many thanks,
Martin.

:)

Hi,

Sorry Martin for disturbing but I'm desperately searching for Paradisia. Is there a site where I can order Paradisia? I tried to find some online shops with Paradisia but it was out of stock.
I wrote One Breath Courses and Products but they didn't respond either.
Where I can buy it ? ..with shipment to Poland.
Please help.

Thanks,
Filip

Paradisia Nose clips have pretty much disappeared in the last year - and so has their creator Bernard Chabanes... I managed to get a last order in Nov 2005 and then when I wanted more in May last year I never managed to short an order out even though I spoke to Bernard and he told me he has clips for sale (he always disappeared after we spoke). The same has happened to a friend who used to buy Paradisa to resell them at his shop. I got a couple of the german copies and they do work although not as well as the original paradisia.

My suggestion to Martin is if you find Paradisa clips and you are serious about apnea then just buy them...they are worth their money. (do you plan to dive without a mask or are you planning on using fluid goggles - both need some getting used to)

Cheers Stavros

Hi,

i own one of the german copies. what are differences between the copies and the original paradisia?

Cheers

Dirk

ok, that's a legally aspect, i can't judge about...
my question is how they differ in usage and other characteristics.

thx

dirk

The German’s one is a little larger then Paradisia, so you need more presser for the same effort. Also it is hand made, one can fit well another one not.
Some unlucky people told me that Paradisia has very fragile plastic and it’s easy to break it just by dropping on a floor. That’s why I use to use German’s clips at regular pool trainings.

Well, my sourse for the Paradisia clips is being unreliable so I wanted to try and buy one of the nose clips from the german site, however.......I can neither read or speak german, and I was wondering if someone here might be able to help me out? I'm not quite sure how it would be done, either if they could translate the page with the nose clip on and then inform me how to order it? Or if anyone has any other ideas I would be most greatful. If someone could help me out I would be happy to return the favour somehow when required :)
I hope someone can help!
Cheers.
Martin

P.S. (the edited bit) I also tried filling out the box after clicking on the "Bestellen" button, but I haven't heard from them since, and that was a week or so ago.
Failing getting one from them, I'll start a "custom made freediving noseclips" thread to see who's managed to make their own. I made one a while back use a small clamp, it work fine but the pressure was constant (due to a spring) on the nose, instead of locking in the required postition, so it got a little uncomfortable after a while in the water.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure how it would be done, either if they could translate the page with the nose clip on and then inform me how to order it?

I'm not sure if wearing a noseclip while translating a page will help you rofl

Seriously though, a mate ordered some Paradisa's from France months ago (mid Oct I think) and was told "next week, next week" ever since. We still haven't got them. They are like hen's teeth.

Cheers,
Ben

@MBanks
I ask Stefan Nebel if it is possible to send a nose clip
to you and write you a mail when he repeat.
The Problem is a Paket to USA is 32,- Euro - thats round
about 40,- US$.
Where do you come from exactly ?
Greet from Germany
Stefan

hehe we (some hungarian and austrian freedivers)
ordered 10 (!) paradisia noseclips from this guy called Bernard (he´s the one noseclip- producer from France) I think about 2-3 months before and
we didn´t get any until now as well...

Few more details:

Gunnar (the One Breath Courses and Products 's boss) answered me that Bernard Chabanes is usually hard to find but this time is unusually extremely hard to find: hoping nothing serius happened.
The french site has it on display but I don't know if they actually have it on stock: Au Vieux Plongeur - La Caverne d'Ali BaBa des Plongeurs
It seems they ship it everywere.
I haven't try the german site.

Martin, please start the thread "custom made freediving noseclips" when you feel like it, I will be glad to contribute with my homemade crappy noseclips (that have even names: the Infernia and the Djavulia.. just to stay in line with the original and even for underline how well they work.. :) )

ciao, Matteo.

Hy.
I get the Repeat.
He had only the blue Version and outside
the European shipping is 8,- Euro.
Greet Stefan

Hey Stefan,
I'm also very interested in buying the german noseclip (and the blue one would be great). How much is it?
I live in Norway, but I'm going to berlin for the competition the 24. february. Would it be possible to buy on there?

Regards,
Elisabeth

I just recieved my Paradisia nose-clip, so you can still get them![FONT=Helvetica, Arial]

Bernard Chabannes' email doen't work at http://www.chez.com/paradisia/, so I order mine from
[/FONT]http://www.vieuxplongeur.com/. Au Vieux Plongeur accepts credit-card and it arrived in about 1 week (to Germany). This firm charges 30Euro + VAT + Shipping for the nose-clip.

I have a somewhat short nose and I prefer the Snebel nose-clip (http://snebel.com/Apnoe.htm), which a friend of mine has. I find the Snebel nose-clip is more comfortable because it has a smaller more angled nose contact area, and I have a short nose. Both have about the same build quality and the Snebel is a little bit cheaper (I believe his price includes VAT).

Now I need that aquarium hose for building my pipe mask...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT