• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

partially walking guy would like to try spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dansleaujesuisbien

Dec 24, 2020
Hello Every one,

I can stand up on my feet but need crouches to move around,
j'utilise des bequilles pour me déplacer

in water i feel good and can move well. i have great air retention. i swim very well
par contre dans l'eau je me sens bien. je peux rester sous l'eau assez longtemps. je nage bien

i would like to go with someone that could teach me the basic of spearfishing. It would also meet my need for sociability and safety since it is not an activity to try alone.
J'apprecierais beaucoup aller faire une sortie d'introduction au spearfishing en action. Ca repond aussi a mon besoin de sociabiliser et de securité car dans l'eau faut etre prudent.

I live in quebec city, i can pay for my food and split the gas, if you feel like talking to me to see how #where we could go , that would be awsome!
J'habite a limoilou quebec et je peux payer mes truc et cutter pour le gaz. Si ca vous dit on peut se parler pour regarder les possible!

A+
Fred

Reactions: Mr. X and Kodama
Hi Fred,
Welcome to the forum. As somebody who spent time in hospital in a "Striker" frame with a back injury, as the result of a climbing accident, I have considerable empathy for your position. I admire your drive.

Spearfishing can be quite an extreme sport, not just diving deep or long, or because of sharks in some areas but also with tides and rip currents. But choosing your dive location and conditions carefully you should be able to find a relatively safe, gentle introduction - and yes, for you, finding the right dive partner(s) is probably key.

I'll move thread to the north America buddies area of the forum, to help you find spearos in your area but will leave a link at the original location. ;)

Thanks , you message touch my heart . the adversity is quite big and it gives me energy when i see others encourage me to keep on wanting
Yes moving the post to north america is a verygood idea , merci.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT