• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

PArtner or group in San Diego???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MedicChris

Jul 26, 2003
I am totally new to the spear fishing thing. It all started while working on an ambulance and parking at a beach in Encinitas CA and seeing people going out with poles and guns. It looked so fun that I bought a JBL Woody Mangum, a better mask and a snorkel. I want to find some people to go out with to learn the ins and outs of this sport. I havea 36 foot sailboat in Oceanside I can take out and am very eager to learn. Weather boat diving or going out from the beach I just want to learn. I have a totally stock setup on my gun and dont know if and what to change on it yet. I like the "rope/line" that comes on the Riffe guns. I was supprised to see just a "rope string" on my gun. Should I re-string it? Use a reel? A float with the float rope setup? I have access to all the beaches on the San Diego coast and dont really know what all is out there.. Any help or some people to go out with would be awesome. I think I can add to a group because of my medical training (just in case).. Thanks

Let's boat it!

THat sounds great. I have a crew and we are al totally addicted to the sea. Send me or petrip74 an email and we will have a blast.
Only one of us has an ego (he shot a huge opal eye). Wow, anyway we love to go any time we can.
Kosta

Would either of you guys, or any of the other So. Cal. DB-ers be interested in getting out to clear water? I'll be in Mission Viejo from the 14th through the 24th and I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible under So. Cal. waves. Willing to travel -- in fact I intend to get down to La Jolla/SD a time or two (or three).

I just got my Oly 5050 w/ the PT-015 UW case so I can take pics and movies, if that sweetens the deal any.

Pez, MedicChris, Kosta & other DBr's:

I've got a lot of availability (time) for dives or dive trips in So Cal from now until the first of Sept. when my work load increases. Contact me by PM or e-mail and I can meet you at the site or we can go together.

Roan

i go spear fishing fight off the beach in solana beach, i dont go too deep but its nice out there so if youre ever interested on coming down you know just email me and yeah man, cause i live about 2 miles away and its a nice spot and there rarely anybody out there.

Hey, i am a Spearfisher/ lobster diver. I go out quite a bit i have got spots all over san diego that i go to. I see too that you work on an ambulance, i am a firefighter/ emt in northern san diego. If you want to know of any spots or need someone to go out with let me know i have a bunch of firefighters that i go out with once a month. I go more regularly but usually solo.
-Joe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT