• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pathos 100 or Seatec Gabbiano Elite 100?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thank you Murat for your kind comments.(Murat ben Aydın'dayım tüfeği İatanbul'dan kargoyla getirttim. Bu nedenle de makara bağlantısında sorun yaşadım nasıl bağlayacağım konusunda yardımcı olabilir misin? Özellikle misina-şiş ve şiş-ip bağlantısı hakkında)

can anyone tell me which online shop is the best to buy seatec gabbiano elite 120 s. thank u

Hi

I have one of these guns but found it impossible to load the second band - probably due to my short stature rofl

What are my options?

If I replace the 20mm band with a 16mm band will it be easier to load?

Does anyone know what thickness of band I require and the length for this gun? Unfortunately the gun is in another country so I can't measure anything.

Many thanks

M

Hi Miles,
I tried 28 cm 18 mm OMER rubbers and the result was fine. You can load your gun to the second notch easily with this combination.

Hi Miles,
I tried 28 cm 18 mm OMER rubbers and the result was fine. You can load your gun to the second notch easily with this combination.

Hi Damir

Thanks for getting back. Do you recall where you bought the OMER rubbers from. I found this link which I think looks correct: Omer Spearguns

In my opinion the Omer Power 18 are really good when new, BUT they don't last for long: with time they tend to become feeble in a relatively short term.
Let me recommend these bands: I found the new Seatec Stinger (17,5mm) to be very good for my personal requirements (not too hard, not to jerky: smooth when loading and progressive when shooting)
Mwoolgar if you're english I'm quite sure you can buy them from Dave at Spearguns by Spearo uk ltd finest supplier of speargun, monofins, speargun and freediving equipment (he's the english Seatec importer).
Hope this helps

In my opinion the Omer Power 18 are really good when new, BUT they don't last for long: with time they tend to become feeble in a relatively short term.

Hi Spaghetti, don't you think the denomination as Omer Power "18" is somewhat misleading? If you consider the considerable hollow space in the center of these bands (compared to other brands) they are 12mm bands at best and definitely cannot be compared to other 18mm bands.

Cheers

Hi Spaghetti, don't you think the denomination as Omer Power "18" is somewhat misleading? If you consider the considerable hollow space in the center of these bands (compared to other brands) they are 12mm bands at best and definitely cannot be compared to other 18mm bands.

Cheers

Well every euro band has the hollow inside as far as I know.
For the wider hollow inside the Power 18, I once read that Omer gave a very technical explanation but honestly I can't remember exactly what it was about...It made sense when I read it tho. I still think these are good bands but you must make a friend of the fact that you'll have to change them pretty often.
This said, choosing bands is very personal. People like me prefer softer bands on longer guns (from 90 to longer) and very nervous bands on short guns (60/75). On my shorties (including my Gabbiano 77) I use the H. Dessault: they are thin (16mm), but they BURN! A very strong strong punch on short range shots.

With regards to replacing the bands... how often is often?

Well every euro band has the hollow inside as far as I know.
For the wider hollow inside the Power 18, I once read that Omer gave a very technical explanation but honestly I can't remember exactly what it was about...It made sense when I read it tho. I still think these are good bands but you must make a friend of the fact that you'll have to change them pretty often.
This said, choosing bands is very personal. People like me prefer softer bands on longer guns (from 90 to longer) and very nervous bands on short guns (60/75). On my shorties (including my Gabbiano 77) I use the H. Dessault: they are thin (16mm), but they BURN! A very strong strong punch on short range shots.

ulysses a lot of us use dynema wishbones, you need a hollow rubber to fit them.

With regards to replacing the bands... how often is often?

Well it depends on how much you use them, and how much you take care. But generally speaking, if you have to change them more than once a year that's enough "often" for me.
Now how do you know it's time to change? Surely you could start considering to change them when you see sort of cracks at the edges of the bands, near the threads. Surely, as well, when you see some round, brighter spots along the band when it's loaded (under tension). Probably you could connsider replacing when you feel that the pull has become more feeble than before, but in this case this could be just an impression: newbies/unexperienced spearos always crave for more power and tend to feel that power is never enough, even when it's actually enough.

ulysses a lot of us use dynema wishbones, you need a hollow rubber to fit them.

Like Spaghetti mentions above, ALL speargun bands are hollow - screw-in bands for the obvious reason that they are anchored in the plastic threads by means of a bead that prevents the rubber from slipping out of the thread.

However, I was referring to the deceptive practice of marketing bands of various diameters: 16, 18, and 20mm which do not only vary in the outer diameter but ALSO with respect to the hollow space inside. :rcard

It goes without saying that most rubber bands of the same brand/manufacturer are identical with respect to internal hollow space but increase in overall diameter. With Omer Power 18 it's 18mm (external) - 6mm (internal) = 12mm. It does not come as a surprise they are softer than many 16mm bands (most of them have a 3mm bore) ...

Cheers

Last edited:
ulysses, are you sure?..
i have tried most bands out there, riffe, omer, demka, seatec, picasso, rabitech,rob allen , cressi...i have not seen an inner diameter that varied from the rest..whether for 16, 17.5, 18, 20, 21 mm
i think the softness could also be from the better quality of the rubber and the retention of its elastic qualities

Reactions: spaghetti
However, I was referring to the deceptive practice of marketing bands of various diameters: 16, 18, and 20mm which do not only vary in the outer diameter but ALSO with respect to the hollow space inside. :rcard

It goes without saying that most rubber bands of the same brand/manufacturer are identical with respect to internal hollow space but increase in overall diameter. With Omer Power 18 it's 18mm (external) - 6mm (internal) = 12mm. It does not come as a surprise they are softer than many 16mm bands (most of them have a 3mm bore) ...

Cheers

Assuming that the cross sectional area of the rubber is what determines the power (for the same type of material) then actually you are wrong to assume that an 18mm diameter band with a 6mm diameter hole is weaker than a 16mm diameter band with a 3mm diameter hole.

The cross sectional area for the 18mm band is 3.142/4 x [(18 x 18) - (6 x 6)]
The cross sectional area for the 16mm band is 3.142/4 x [(16 x 16) - (3 x 3)]

If you work it out you'll find that the 18mm band contains over 16% more rubber than the 16mm band.

Personally I found the Omer 18mm power bands very powerful.

Dave

Reactions: foxfish
Assuming that the cross sectional area of the rubber is what determines the power (for the same type of material) then actually you are wrong to assume that an 18mm diameter band with a 6mm diameter hole is weaker than a 16mm diameter band with a 3mm diameter hole.

Dave, my assumption is that a 18mm diameter with a large diameter hole is weaker than a 18mm diameter band with small diameter hole. It appears you are confirming my assumption. ;)

I use 'tahiti' wishbone with copper spheres (nuts) on screw-in bands which requires me to cut off the thread on one side of the bands, this is how I discovered the abnormal hollowness of the Omer 18 bands.

Cheers

OOH ERR Missus! A small hole means more power in your rubber? My God Slack Alice would never live this down

I'm with Marwan to be honest about the band thing
...but why don't we get back on the topic of this JEWEL?
(move red square with cursor)
Documento senza titolo

ahhhh, weather is getting better over here, hopefully i get to try the gabbianno elite 90 next weekend...but to be honest, those 20mm bands look scary for the 6.35mm shaft :)
i ordered a pair of 18mm bands just in case :) i use them with 6.75mm spear with excellent results, they should be more than adequate for a 6.35mm spear..
i have to admit that the seatec spears seem quite impressive...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT