• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pathos 100 or Seatec Gabbiano Elite 100?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
ahhhh, weather is getting better over here, hopefully i get to try the gabbianno elite 90 next weekend...but to be honest, those 20mm bands look scary for the 6.35mm shaft :)

I used that particular gun with stock setup (with 20mm amber colored bands, much better than black seatec bands) and its such a perfect gun that you will not need to change anything. Trust me on that one ;) Its accuracy is beyond description. I am not sure but the spear could be 6.5mm on than one. May be they changed the stock setup for the 2007, who knows...i am sure you will like this gun. By the way, double band setup works like a dream on gabiona snake if anyone wants to have affordable good quality low price double band gun.

thanks for all the help everyone.... I never knew that a discussion on bands could be such an emotive subject rofl

Thanks Murat..
i wasnt going to change it unless i feel the need to , my first reaction was that the 20mm could be too much for the 6.35mm spear..its just that i have never used the 6.35mm spears...
im excited abou the gun, got it a couple of weeks ago from mikko (forum member here) in finland, super great guy...i got it with 6.35mm spear, another spare spear with double barbs, reel, extra katyusha muzzle for double bands setup, 20mm amber bands.. for a great price..

ahhhh, weather is getting better over here, hopefully i get to try the gabbianno elite 90 next weekend...but to be honest, those 20mm bands look scary for the 6.35mm shaft :)
i ordered a pair of 18mm bands just in case :) i use them with 6.75mm spear with excellent results, they should be more than adequate for a 6.35mm spear..
i have to admit that the seatec spears seem quite impressive...

Have the same gun, only its 100cm. Also came with 20mm bands/6,35 spear. I noticed it is very accurate and with a superb speed, but only in first 2 m of trajectory. After that spear looses its speed rapidly, accuracy is also not so good, not to mention penetration. So that setup I use for smaller fast fish - mullets, bass. Problem occures when a big leerfish came along, which is qiute often when hunting mullets, as mullets being its food. You can partialy resolve this by taking the barb of and placing it downvords. This will result with a slightly higher trajectory in first 1,5 m but you will gain much better accuracy at 3m from the tip of the spear. But after trying that, I rather use 16mm bands with 6,35 spear. For 20mm bands I switch to 6,5 spear which works great even when going for dentex.
With TRB head bands are really easy to switch without tools.

Reactions: spaghetti
cheers marindiver..
i dont know why they keep saying that "with trb heads its easy to switch bands without tools" ????? i never use tools when changing bands, just screw out and screw in...am i missing something?

Reactions: Murat
cheers marindiver..
i dont know why they keep saying that "with trb heads its easy to switch bands without tools" ????? i never use tools when changing bands, just screw out and screw in...am i missing something?

Sometimes the bands are screwed in so hard that is tricky to unscrew it in water with gloves on. On the other hand with TRB you just turn the part that holds the bands downvords and pull it out, replace it with another pair which you keep in the container on the buoy, all in 1 min.
Of course this is not the advantage that will alone make this gun much better then some other, but litle things also counts. ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT